Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put new front rotors and pads on my LX

the problem i have is now the brakes are somewhat on all the time

is there any way to fix this or do i just have to wait till everything wears out

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did check the lines when i was doing the brake job (as always), and like i said the rotors were new and were not discolored

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
hm...are you sure that you have the correct pads and rotars? haveing pads and rotars that are to thick would cuase this

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Did you bleed them?
If not do so.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
just fixed this problem on my car, all 4 were slowly locking up as i drove around town

there is a pushrod in the brake booster that may need adjusting

there needs to be clearance between the pushrod and the master cylinder. So adjust it 1/4-1/2 turn at a time until its fixed.

basically unbolt the master from the booster, move it out of the way being careful not to kink the lines, have someone push the brakes all the way down slowly, then fish a pair of pliers into the hole to grab the knurled portion of the shaft and use a 7mm wrench to turn the nut inward.

if you go too far youll have a ton of pedal travel, just open it back up and adjust a bit less the other way.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
holy cow im giving rep for that man. ive always had alot of pedal travel and that fixed it so easy. freakin awesome man.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its good now i guess it wore out a little thanks for the replies

also where the hell is the brake booster on these cars

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
it does

but when you have all 4 brakes somewhat on or gradually getting put on its usually the booster rod

1 - 10 of 10 Posts