Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here it goes!

I think that I introduced myself along time ago, but if no one read it....(or if I thought I did and didn't........

Cyclops
Work: EMT / Motorcycle Mechanic / Autozone Parts Slinger
Drive:
2001 Focus S2
Manual Transmission
MBRP Cat-Back
SVT 6 spoke wheels w/ Bridgestone Potenza RE 970's

I have searched, I feel like an idiot posting for this. I a certified Motorcycle mechanic for crying out loud. Been working on my own stuff since I was a 14

So I had to replace my clutch master cylinder yesterday because the plunger snapped while I was driving it. Which also snapped the weld on the pin that it slides onto on the pedal as well. I got a new m/c yesterday and installed it. I had to take the pedal assembly off to re-weld the pin. Installation went fine. took me awhile because of having to drive one county over to get to a welder. Well I got it all finished up and put back together. Bled the master cylinder to new clear fluid and no more bubbles. [?|]Might I say its a pain in the ass to bleed since you have to remove the battery box to get to it[?|].

When I started to back out of the garage to do the test drive I had a very stiff brake pedal that I had to basically stand on to get to work, but it works. Its like not having power brakes but worse. There isn't any bind in the plunger to the booster. Its also having a slight misfire/ chug that comes and goes but mostly under load. It doesn't feel like a clutch slipping though.

Any Ideas?

I did take one spark plug out of the vehicle while I was working on it, because I was going to change them while I was working on the car They did not match what I got from the parts store. So, put it back in and didn't change them.

I can drive the car but I don't want to because of the brick wall brake pedal. Clutch pedal pressure is better than it was before I changed the M/C. But Im used to a stiffer pedal on other vehicles anyways!

Much appreciation to all who help.

Im at work now but trying to figure it out........Im thinking it may something to do with a vacuum line off of the brake booster.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Im at work now but trying to figure it out........Im thinking it may something to do with a vacuum line off of the brake booster.
Did you install the vacuum line backwards? There's a check valve that would certainly cause vacuum/brake issues if that's put on the other way.

·
Registered
17,167 Posts
Vac line only fits one way but sure sounds like might be that. Maybe cracked in bumping against it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't even remove the vacuum line! Ive Got the air box off, and electrical box move to inspect. Checking now. Hopefully I get some peace for the rest of the night.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bled the brakes! Still stiff as hell! The vacuum hose at the brake booster is sucking air like it should. Someone else have any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts