Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yesterday, I started the car and while driving (after 1 min approx.) I realised that the brake pedal was blocked. The engine was working fine, but I could not brake. The footbrake was hard and could not go "down", was completely blocked.

I checked the Brake Fluid Reservoir and the level is OK...

I have no clue what could it be! Any suggestions?

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Possible causes:
No engine vacuum being provided to brake servo/booster, (Broken or disconnected hose perhaps but unlikely if engine idles normally.)
Internal fault within the brake servo.
Physical problem with the brake pedal linkage.

I see you're in Europe. Is this Focus a diesel? Diesels usually have a separate pump to generate vacuum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Thanks for your response!
Yes, it is Diesel...
Im afraid it is not something to be fixed easily but someone without experience?

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Correct, not likely without some experience unless it's a physical blockage - like something interfering with the pedal as mentioned.

Loss of brake assist results in a MUCH harder pedal, but standing on it firmly still slows the car down. This is much more common than a complete failure due to mechanical blockage of the pedal (which is usually from a foreign object that slid behind it).

·
Registered
16,042 Posts
It being brake system alone screams get someone competent to work on it. People's lives depend upon it.

X3, power assist to the brake likely not working. Many think the pedal is 'blocked' but the car will stop with more effort. Many women say they cannot do that though, not strong enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts