Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've done a search and read through all the threads regarding brake pads, etc. and still have a question.

I'm going to be replacing my front brake pads and I am looking for pads that perform better than OEM of course but with the least amount of brake dust possible. This is for a daily driver and it still has the stock rotors.
From actual experience, does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
they might have...now that I think about it, same name, but the Mintek brake pads are actually very very nice. You can get them from www.batinc.net

Actually its Mintex...my bad. [:(]

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,891 Posts
For disk brakes ?
How's the dust factor on them ?
I wouldn't mind upgrading mine so I don't have to clean off the f**kin brake dust off the front wheels every two weeks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hawk

I prefer Hawk performance ones. They are available all over the place. You can see a discription of them at www.powerslot.com even if you don't want slotted or drilled rotors.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Focusedat50 said:
I'm going to be replacing my front brake pads and I am looking for pads that perform better than OEM of course but with the least amount of brake dust possible.
u have an 03..is this just to upgrade or do u need brake pads already...I thought they lasted a couple or 3 yrs.[scratch].(I'm a woman, so that may have been a really stupid statement)[:X]

·
Registered
94 Posts
Brakes

The factory brakes will probably last 25 or 30K if you don't push them really hard. My factory ones lasted 25K.

If you really use them, they could last noticibly less.

While I drive an 00 and it has 135K, the first 100K came in less than 30 months. The point being, that he may have that many miles on his car. If you drive 15K a year, that would take you a couple of years or more.

Some people with a SOHC (less weight & speed) and a light foot on the brake at low speeds could surely put better than 40K on the factory installed brake set-up before the pads needed to be changed.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hawks

By the way, the HAWKS don't leave noticable dust on the wheels. They look as clean as they did after I steam cleaned and poloished them just a week or two after I installed the hawk pads.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i'm at 48k on stock bads and rotors. getting new ones in the spring. sTill a good amount of pad left and rotors are hangin in there

·
Registered
236 Posts
KVR Brakes. I have them on my car. Rotors, and pads cost me about $450 CAN. Rotors are crossed drilled, and the pads are made for low dust. I only have to clean my rims every month or so and it isn't even that bad

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
YellowBird, My OEM pads are still just fine but wanted to upgarde for two reasons. I have white custom rims and want something with little or no brake dust and while I am at it wanted a brake pad that was a step up from the OEM for better stopping power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts