Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my pads, prob all the way around. Is there any kind that will cut down on the dust but will not break the bank?

·
Registered
495 Posts
I love Hawk pads that is just me thought. If you are wanting to cut down on break dust go with ceramic pads of some type.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Here's CFMs brake pads page http://focus.c-f-m.com/pads.aspx.

I remember reading good things about EBC greenstuff pads and kind of want to try those, they also have the redstuff ones which claim low dust but they're more of a track duty pad and I doubt they work that well cold, and they're expensive.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had a set of Mintex A/F pads from www.batinc.net on my SVT Contour and tomorrow am replacing all 4 rotors & Mintex A/F pads F&R on my 02 SVTF. The pads are great, no complaints and stop on a dime. The $ isn't too bad either...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
which ones did you buy from NAPA?

·
Registered
18 Posts
can't remember the name but there are three choices and I took the middle one. The more premium choice was ceramic.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up buying from NAPA due to time constraints (could not order any) and I live in the middle of nowhere. So I bought Advantage or Advance One ceramic pads. They stop good and so far very limited dust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts