Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Salmontheotherpinkmt
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles did you get out of you brake pads??I bought my svt new and i just changed the pads at 85k and the front still had probley another 10k or more wear left on them.I thought this was pretty good and i wanted to see how other svtf stacked up??

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got 32,000 miles on my brake pads before I had to change them when I got the SVTF new. The Dealer ship told me that 32,000 is really good for a focus and this is my only car.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just changed my rear pads at 27K and I need to do the front pretty soon as well.

I think the factory warranty only covers the brakes for 18K miles...

·
Registered
218 Posts
i bought mine with 36k on it and put rear pads and rotors on at 70k and fronts on at 78k. but generally 30k out of front pads is good. it all depends on your driving style.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
bought my car with 85k on it, it's got 127k now and the rears need to be changed soon but the fronts have like half left on them. So 42k on them that I know of, who knows when they were changed before I bought the car lol

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I just got my car inspected, and my pads were in good shape with just over 67K. I'll probably swap in some new pads pretty soon. Probably some Hawk HPS pads.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I bought my SVT @ 43,000 and it now has 82,000 and needs rotors all the way around. The are all original Ford nasty pitted/blued and are very noisy. The dealer did a cheap pad slap before I bought it. It was obvious. It needs done soon. The noise is driving me nuts!

I think I'm going with solid OEM rotors for the rear, and slotted for the fronts from focussport. Still undecided on the 2 sets of pads?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here's what I just got. This thread made me go ahead and bite the bullet and just get it done. I found some really good prices online. Better than when I checked a few months ago! I was tired of the noise.

Front:

EBC Ultimax Blackdash USR Slotted Rotors
EBC "Green Stuff" Pads

Rear:

Centric Brake Disc
2002-2004 Ford Focus"CENTRIC PREMIUM BRAKE DISC, SOLD INDIVIDUALLY -- 4 x 4.25 in. Bolt Hole Pattern, 11.02 in. Outer Diameter, 0.54 in. Bolt Size, A High Quality, Direct Fit OEM Replacement Brake Rotor, Features Superior Machined Surfaces That Provide Smoother, Quieter Stops, And Longer Brake Pad Life, With Superior Black E-Coating On All Non-Friction Surface To Provide Long Lasting Corrosion Protection, Meets Or Exceeds OEM Standards, Includes Centric Product's 90-Day And 3,000-Mile Warranty"
Fits: Rear.

Kool Vue Brake Pad Set
2002-2004 Ford Focus"SM SERIES BRAKE PAD SET, REAR -- Made From Select Non-Asbestos Organic Formulation Using Aramid Fibers, Offers Better Brake Effect Up To 600%XB0C (1100%XB0F), Minimizes Brake Dust Up To 40% Compared To Standard Pads, Fade-Resistant And Noise-Free In Both Normal And Extreme Braking, Comes With Center Line Slots To Prevent Cracking, Includes Left And Right Brake Pads, Perfect For Spirited Street Driving"
Fits: "11.0 Diameter Rotor".

Everything shipped was $311.78. I cheaped out in the rear but it's got to be better than tired/wore out stock.

Now I've got something to do on the SVT next weekend if the parts come in time! [woot]

·
Registered
298 Posts
I am at about 65K miles on mine now too.. I just ordered rotors and pads all the way around so I have em on hand when I need em... I figure it is gonna be pretty soon.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
MOVED to "Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension".

I got about 50,000 out of my stockers.
^^^Including 4 seasons of AutoCrossing, and 2 days at Miller Motorsports Park.

Replaced with Hawk HPS pads and Centric blank rotors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts