Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve noticed the brake pads on my 2013 Titanium Hatch are getting low so I’m starting to think about new pads.

Any aftermarket pads that you guys might recommend that are comparable to what’s on the car from the factory? Any idea what pads were on the car brand new? I’m still on the original pads, 40k miles.

Keep in mind that I don’t need Brembo’s since this isn’t a 350HP AWD RS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an auto with the lil downhill button for more engine braking rather than pad wear, and at 55k miles and spirited driving I'm in need myself, the stock pads and maybe rotors have always fallen short to what I need, for a replacement/upgrade I have ebc or stop-tech in my sites, probably ebc yellow stuff brake kit, OEM will cut it but it's budget.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have an auto with the lil downhill button for more engine braking rather than pad wear, and at 55k miles and spirited driving I'm in need myself, the stock pads and maybe rotors have always fallen short to what I need, for a replacement/upgrade I have ebc or stop-tech in my sites, probably ebc yellow stuff brake kit, OEM will cut it but it's budget.
Don't get EBC. They have quality control issues with the friction materials falling off the back plates.

·
Registered
873 Posts
40K miles and you're almost through the stock pads? Holy crap.
I bought my car used, so I don't know when/if the factory pads were changed, but I put >70K on the fronts. Could have easily gone longer.

The rear pads have plenty of life and I know they have >80K on them.

·
Registered
624 Posts
When I need brakes again, or maybe a bit sooner, I am going with a Power Stop kit (rotors and pads). I put a full set on my wife's Impreza and both have been impressed with the braking performance.

I repalced the brakes once so far around 60k miles, went OEM.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I bought my car used, so I don't know when/if the factory pads were changed, but I put >70K on the fronts. Could have easily gone longer.

The rear pads have plenty of life and I know they have >80K on them.

Sorry, that was meant for the OP. I got 130K out of my rears and the fronts could have gone for another 30K at least too.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
40K miles and you're almost through the stock pads? Holy crap.

I’m no expert on pads & the Ford techs haven’t mentioned it to me during my visits for service, so I’m sure they’re fine. IMO though, they’re looking like a some point in the next couple of years they’ll be due for some new ones. I was just curious on what guys would recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
480 Posts
I’m no expert on pads & the Ford techs haven’t mentioned it to me during my visits for service, so I’m sure they’re fine. IMO though, they’re looking like a some point in the next couple of years they’ll be due for some new ones. I was just curious on what guys would recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Ah okay. I just went with the oem pads. They were cheap, worked well, and I didn't have to worry about bedding/burnishing them in since they were the same compound (I assume.)

·
Registered
463 Posts
I installed Hawk Performance HB519N.682 HP Plus front brake pads on stock rotors. 35k on them and still have a lot of thickness left. They are much better for aggressive driving. Of course they dust a bit more than stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts