Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the front and rear brake pads on my 2006 Focus ST and now the brakes are really soft and the pedal is sticking slightly on return. I noticed that the brake fluid reservoir overflowed out of the cap I'm guessing from when I was compressing the caliper pistons back in to make room for the new pads. Is it possible I somehow got air in the lines from the reservoir overflowing?

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE - I was going over the brakes again to double check my work and found that the front passenger and rear driver side brakes seem to be working great but the front driver and rear passenger brakes don't seem to be working at all. I had someone press the brake pedal while I was spinning the wheel and the brakes didn't seem to be activating at all the wheel just keeps spinning with no resistance. Any thoughts?

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I removed the master cylinder and when I place my thumb over one of the ports on the master cylinder and pump the piston I feel good suction but when I tried it with the second port there wasn't any suction at all. Possibly a bad master cylinder?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.