Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was changing my brake shoes today on my car and i had a hell of a time getting my one drum off, finally i used a puller to get the thing off and i noticed the reason why it never came off is because of a worn out bearing in the drum, so my question is does anyone know how to change those bearings ( take it out and put the new one in) or do i have to buy a new brake drum?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
You can buy the bearing. I bought mine at Autozone. Take the drum to someone with a press and they can press it out. Then press the new one in. DO NOT for get the ABS ring or your ABS light will stay lit.

Or you can just buy a new drum from Mike at Hilbish around $80 or so. You have to make sure it comes with the spindle and bearing first. This would be my first choice after having changed a drum bearing already...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
gotta interjet
i hate working on drums...
the ebrake auto ajust is my kryptonite...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh i know like just putting the pads on was enough work cause everything had to be so perfect and it fell apart on us like 3 times trying to put it together and we finally got it in there lol, but i think im going to go and buy a new brake drum i talked to my dad about it and it just seems easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts