Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the other day I changed out the pads and rotors on my Focus. When I got to work the following day I smelled an odd smell coming from the front of my car. When I checked the left front brakes they were extremely hot, I then checked the right front and they were only slightly warm. Yesterday I put it up on jack stands and sure enough, put it in gear and only the right wheel rotates. If I applied the brakes slightly the left would rotate but only slightly. Any ideas what the problem could be? I already checked that the pads move freely on the bracket and that the caliper moves freely on the guide pins.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When you pushed the caliper pistons back did one side go in harder that the other?
Probably front calipers need to be replaced, possible flex hose collapsing but less likely.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The caliper def needs replacing. The same thing happened to my f150. The piston wasnt retracting once the brake was released. Replace caliper before you burn up the rotor and pads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at replacements now, not too bad of a price for a pair, but now I need to find out what bore the calipers are that I have now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts