Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was moving the car a couple of feet forward the other day so I didn't bother turning on the radio or A/C. So I noticed a fairly loud clicking whenever I applied the brakes. Sounded like a solenoid being activated from the cargo area. Anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I took my car in for a clicking sound (I called it a clunk, dealer called it a rattle) that happened every time I applied the breaks or went over bumps at slow speeds. It ended up being a loose bolt in the trunk area. The tech had to install a microphone in the back to listen for where exactly it was coming from.

There are a couple threads with people talking about struts and more serious mechanical sources of similar noises, but usually from the front of the car.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260396

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brakes clicking

I have read similar post but none really seems to have a definitive answer. I have an automatic 02 base Focus. 2.0 L SOHC. I replaced the brake pads 2 months ago and now they are clicking, loudly. I jacked up the front of the car and could hear it clearly with the wheel spinning. I removed the brake assembly and the noise left. I replaced the brake assembly and removed the pads and the noise was gone. I checked everything for a worn or bad spot, rubbing or anything else. No signs of anything. I replaced the entire brake assembly and the clicking is back. The rotors are the standard non drilled rotors. The pads are 2 months old and the rotors are in great shape. Any suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts