Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought that would get your attention;;; anyway, just installed a Magnet bra on my 14 se, what a perfect product,,, 49$ --61$ total,, see pictures, its like the signs people put on there truck doors for business;; very thin, it is computer cut, and conforms to car perfectly;; and water will not get under, there web site is Magnetbra.com, lv mine , see pictures''

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I HAD THE SAME QUESTION,, the answer is no, it does look tight but after you close the hood you can run your fingernail through there;;;its a perfect fit,, use a hair drier,, when its warm it will lay down perfect,, the only thing I found to watch for is,, be very careful not to over lap, ant edges, it should be just even,, if you have it a little long on the edge the trim will want to push it back, making a bubble,, I started at the center, at the Ford emblem, if yoy line it up there first, it will lay all the way across. and remember to get it real hot at the 2 corners that wrap around, so it doesn't crack'''' the trim is very adjustable, when you get to the end if its not perfect, just peel off back about 8inches and compress or stretch;;; also blow hot ait in box to warm it,DONT LAY IT ANYWHERE BUT ON THE CAR,, its a magnet. clean hood well, it will show even a thread of a cloth,,, good luck,, check back when done,, buy the way what color is your car,,,i think it looks good on the Focus because of the black grill,,RAMBLEINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG by[thumb]

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looks great. Can you provide a link to where it was bought.

Just curious why people on this forumn cover the licence plate?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I HAD THE SAME QUESTION,, the answer is no, it does look tight but after you close the hood you can run your fingernail through there;;;its a perfect fit,, use a hair drier,, when its warm it will lay down perfect,, the only thing I found to watch for is,, be very careful not to over lap, ant edges, it should be just even,, if you have it a little long on the edge the trim will want to push it back, making a bubble,, I started at the center, at the Ford emblem, if yoy line it up there first, it will lay all the way across. and remember to get it real hot at the 2 corners that wrap around, so it doesn't crack'''' the trim is very adjustable, when you get to the end if its not perfect, just peel off back about 8inches and compress or stretch;;; also blow hot ait in box to warm it,DONT LAY IT ANYWHERE BUT ON THE CAR,, its a magnet. clean hood well, it will show even a thread of a cloth,,, good luck,, check back when done,, buy the way what color is your car,,,i think it looks good on the Focus because of the black grill,,RAMBLEINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG by[thumb]

The Titanium is Performance Blue and should look good with the Piano Black nose.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
What about the rest of the front... Underneath the hood, I think a bra it's make to cover the entire front of the car... Rock chip... Road
BTW my road mode

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
Bras rub paint period but the smaller magnet bra would be ok for road trips but I wouldn't keep it on there. The full bras are really bad as they trap everything and rub it into the paint.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
chivas,, that will look good on the blue, oh yea its not piano black, its a duller finish, but it does say you can wax it if you want to..,,someone said why just the hood, what about the rest of the front,, the answer is the fascia is rubber, yes it might need touching up someday, but the rubber will deflect most of the stuff without a chip, and if you do get a chip it wont rust,spread ,or be as noticeable,, I will just use a sharpie on the rubber, not paint and its perfect,, my 01 black wagon has many nicks on the rubber,and a sharpie in the glove box. and as far as leaving it on all the time,,, it says to wax your car at least 2 days before putting it on, then in 6 months you can peel it back and clean if you want to,, but after you see how it fits-- there is no way water can get under it,, no way..its as thin as a piece of paper and seals magnetically.. great product. if you go to magnetbra.com click contact, I think the owner has it on his phone because you get an answer in minutes. ask'''', remember to use a hair drier and get it hot when forming it on;;also run the car first to get the hood warm;;

·
Registered
985 Posts
looks good op! might have to look into this as I already have some rock chips on my hood at only 7k miles...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know, I had a good chip at 5k, that's what got me looking for a bra, there's something about the slope of the new focus that attracts stones;;;;;;; and when I touched it up, I think the paint is thinner, it almost seems like there is no clear coat;; if you do touch up the chips you have, do a real level gob,, this bra is so thin it will show the chip below. if you haven't broken the primer, maybe leave them alone.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey chivas,, it really looks good,, i think they look good on the new focus because all the black below, on the fascia,,,, anyway, i was so happy with mine i had to share,,, wish i would of got mine before i got my chip;;;, i don't know if i will take mine off, once in a while or not,, this car sits in the garage 95% of the time, and i cant see how any water can get under,, great product;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; did you peel off the Magnet bra sticker?? i did not know if it would leave a mark, so i left mine, also i really like your fog lites,,

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
there was another thing i was concerned about,, when you hit bugs how well it would clean, or leave spots,, i have had a few now and Windex,, cleans it perfectly,,,, whow,, wish i had a Titanium;;;;;;;;;;

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
What's the material the magna bra is made of? Can we see a pic of it close up and the backside that touches the paint?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quoting the website.............

magnetic car bras are made from safety-coated, flexible magnetic sheet, like magnetic car signs and the seal around your refrigerator door. Safety-coated magnetic sheet was developed especially for use on cars and trucks. It will not damage your paint even with long-term use. With minimum care it can be used indefinitely, even in the rain.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts