Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i heard through the grapevine that modding a focus isnt all that expensive. I looked on ebay for ideas on exhaust, intake, springs, etc. and there are so many! Name off some nice intakes, exhaust (do NOT want the type of exhaust that you hear every Fast and the Furious wannabe slap on there civics), springs, header, etc. Im new to a Focus so any advice as is greatly appriciated. Ahem, cheaper the better. Looking to make some more HP out of it but keep the price tag of it all to a low. If i am just blowing smoke up my own arse, let me know :D you guys have been a great help so far. I look forward to your replies.
Looking to snag a 2000-04 zx3 manual 2.0L. Live in DFW texas area.
Tanner Mahan

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey i live in DFW Texas to I just got my 03 ZX3 on Saturday we should get togetther and talk about what to do..... and join the zetec crew

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Chances are what you saw on eBay, while cheap, won't be the best parts you can get. Intakes are hit or miss with fitment, I wouldn't trust any eBay name exhaust or suspension part, but if you can find a name brand part on eBay for a good deal, then that's cool. If you do decide to do springs, look into dampers as well since the stock ones aren't valved for lower or stiffer springs. They will blow and with any kind of race spring, you will bounce.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
take this advice...you get what you pay for. better quality parts are going to be more expensive. but before you ask what's the best of the best, you should really figure out where you wanna go with your car and how seriously you wanna mod it. i would try to stay away from ebay, but shop around on some of the vendors around here and check out the marketplace for used parts.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
if your looking for an ebay exhaust, go with the Tsudo N1 Catback, its nice and throaty and doesnt cost alot. people bash it cus its on ebay but i like it and wouldnt trade it for anything else. For intake you can try and find a good name brand one from there but i wouldnt get one for like 30 bucks cus it looks like an AEM or Steeda one. try and find a nice used one on the forum, for suspension that you probably need to dish out some real money cus ebay may sell u some real junk.

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
I don't know about "cheap" modds that exist. lol [rofl] . but you can get great deals in the buy , sell, trade forums., I've come across a quite a few this summer.[thumb] the zx3 is a great car to modd and autocross!

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
^^ he ain't lying either,( MBRP) my family won't even ride in my car[hihi] and i wouldn't change a thing![thumb] at least they know I'm coming[ohcrap]

sweet to see another focus in MT. I thought WD40 and I were the only ones out here,
Oh and [welcome] to F.F. , it's a great sight!

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
moding the focus isnt cheap if you want real power youve got to spend the cash. most of the stuff on ebay is garbage, used parts on the various forums will be your best bet, thats where ive gotten everything i have on my car.

·
Registered
705 Posts
the forums (buy-sell-trade) are goldmines. I always look through there and always find a steal. I love them. I just wish I could spend more. Also dont cheap out on suspension, if that fails for any reason you are truely screwed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts