Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
haha... all zetecs are 2.0... but not all zx3's are zetecs... some zx3's are spi... but no spi is a zetec... some wagons are spi's though... although some wagons and sedans are also zetecs... ??? awesome huh? comprendo?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
no ALL ZX3s are zetecs, until the point when the PZEV is offered..... the ZETEC was an option on the sedan adn came standard on some of the modesl like the ZTS, basically anything w/ a Z in the name originally came w/ a ZETEC pre PZEV

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
T.M.P.RACER661 said:
i was just wondering because i wasnt sure. are all zx3 hatchbacks zetec with tha 2.0??
No, all ZX-3 are NOT Zetec. (However all Zetec are 2.0 liter).

The ZX-3's that are not Zetec are PZEV. PZEV engines are also known as Duratec 23E, and are 2.3 liter. This is all '03 ZX-3 models in CA, MA, NY, VT; however for '04 there is wider availability of the PZEV engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aight if not all zx3's r zetec then how can u tell if they are zetec or not. because my homie wants to buy one but he doesnt kno how to tell if they are zetec or not.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Re: Re: ????? bout tha zx3

soffiler said:
No, all ZX-3 are NOT Zetec. (However all Zetec are 2.0 liter).

The ZX-3's that are not Zetec are PZEV. PZEV engines are also known as Duratec 23E, and are 2.3 liter. This is all '03 ZX-3 models in CA, MA, NY, VT; however for '04 there is wider availability of the PZEV engine.
read what i said again, that is what i said, pre PZEV they were all ZETECz, there is no SPI ZX3

no ALL ZX3s are zetecs, until the point when the PZEV is offered..... the ZETEC was an option on the sedan adn came standard on some of the modesl like the ZTS, basically anything w/ a Z in the name originally came w/ a ZETEC pre PZEV

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yea, just POP THE HOOD AND OPEN YOUR EYES. [?|] [:)] Anyways, it's spelled 'THE'.
Ex: The house. The boat is nice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts