Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just letting you guys know that if you run across a new BMW 135i, BEWARE!. These are true sleepers. The cars arent but about the same size as our cars are and VERY powerful for their size. I was coming to work this morning and saw one (first i have ever seen) that was messing with everyone at every light. Finally i was behind him at one of the lights. I thought, "maybe an easy kill". man was i wrong. Keep in mind you guys, my SVT isnt stock, and will pop out 5.3 sec. 0-60. He nailed it and got a slight jump on me and continued to pull away ever so slightly. By the top of second gear (70 for an SVT) he had pulled about two cars on me. Thats really doing something IMO. Im sure i could take him in corners and whatever else. But from light to light, forget it. I was so impressed that the first thing i did when i got to work was check out BMW's site. Well, i "should" have been beat, they are so small and have an in line 6 turbo making 300 hp! Well theres no wonder then. But i have enver seen one of these and can imagine if you did even a slight amount of work to one of these what they would be capable of. Theres not many around here that could do that to me being "stock". I was impressed. These are really sleepers in the total since.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Just wait until the stripped out ones come out in a year or so, I like them but would personally get an old M3, lighter and same power. Bigjordan and besthaticould corrected my mistake lol

·
AAAHHHHH!!!!
4,304 Posts
word has it that they are underrated from the factory. i remember hearing about some stock 335s having 300hp at the wheels.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Just wait until the stripped out ones come out in a year or so, I like them but would personally get an old M3, lighter and same motor
uh...no m3 is twin turbo

and mike...those things are bad...i drove one with springs and konis and i think they could handle a focus in the turns. they are ridiculous dude! they have LSDs from the factory and are very capable cars. fun as hell to drive.

·
Registered
596 Posts
300 whp.. wow... in such a small car...

thanks for the heads up... makes u wonder if they wil come out with an M1 or something to that effect...

I watched the video of this thing at edmunds.com - pretty awesome... probably saved me a spanking.. lol

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
300 whp.. wow... in such a small car...

thanks for the heads up... makes u wonder if they wil come out with an M1 or something to that effect...

probably saved me a spanking.. lol
They can't bring out an M1 since they had a supercar of that name, the 135i is kind of supposed to fill that M gap, and a later version that will be much lighter will be kind of like a CSL trim

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just letting you guys know that if you run across a new BMW 135i, BEWARE!. These are true sleepers. The cars arent but about the same size as our cars are and VERY powerful for their size. I was coming to work this morning and saw one (first i have ever seen) that was messing with everyone at every light. Finally i was behind him at one of the lights. I thought, "maybe an easy kill". man was i wrong. Keep in mind you guys, my SVT isnt stock, and will pop out 5.3 sec. 0-60. He nailed it and got a slight jump on me and continued to pull away ever so slightly. By the top of second gear (70 for an SVT) he had pulled about two cars on me. Thats really doing something IMO. Im sure i could take him in corners and whatever else. But from light to light, forget it. I was so impressed that the first thing i did when i got to work was check out BMW's site. Well, i "should" have been beat, they are so small and have an in line 6 turbo making 300 hp! Well theres no wonder then. But i have enver seen one of these and can imagine if you did even a slight amount of work to one of these what they would be capable of. Theres not many around here that could do that to me being "stock". I was impressed. These are really sleepers in the total since.

Maybe, if you're lucky (or not, as the case may be) you'll run across one with a Dinan tune...

400+ at the wheels easy. Guy that lives in my condo complex has one (135) with a dinan tune, thing is nasty, and thats his DD to boot. When he wants to just go cruising he hops in his Ford GT...

Yeah, it makes me ill too [80?]

·
Registered
422 Posts
the thing is a twin turbo....so probably no lag either....ive been drooling over those since they have come out....but id rather go with a 335xi which has the same motor but a little more room inside and stuff...handles awesome too i heard...i mean it IS a beemer

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Supposly they are underrated quit a bit...more like 300hp or more to the wheels, with even more tq. I believe they are almost if not as fast as the current generation m3....0-60 is somewhere under 5 seconds and im sure with two turbos they pull like crazy in the middle of the rev range. They coming out with a stripped version supposly going to be called the Super sport.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I've been in one. My dad drove one for a weekend while his buddy was on vacation and he was taking care of his stuff for him. Gave him the keys and said "Keep er Full!". Those things are straight up NASTY!!!!! BMW's handle SO well. I Love my foci, and I've experienced many a SVT, but nothing in the commun. compares to the GOD like handling of that beast.

For what it is, with all it's options taken into consideration, I'd actually say it's a really good price. Around the same price as an EVO or STI, and with about 2000 bucks well placed you could make that thing outrun an M3.

Dinan FTW!!!!!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Supposly they are underrated quit a bit...more like 300hp or more to the wheels, with even more tq. I believe they are almost if not as fast as the current generation m3....0-60 is somewhere under 5 seconds and im sure with two turbos they pull like crazy in the middle of the rev range. They coming out with a stripped version supposly going to be called the Super sport.
They are rated 300bhp and 300 ft lbs tq... they have been dynoing ~high 270's into the 280's stock so they are underrated a bit. The difference between the 135i and the 335i is mostly in the handling, their weights are fairly close and it doesn't effect their straight line performance as much as one would expect between the two. The main difference is in the composure in the twisties. The 335 recovers a little bit faster due to it's longer wheelbase but the 135 is able to handle the tighter turns a little bit better...

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
The really confusing part is when you find out the 1 series is actually part hybrid vehicle. BMW really put work into them and made a hell of a great car. I know after reading up on them a bit I really want one once I can afford it. The amount of technology in them is seriously astounding.

·
Registered
577 Posts
they look a little funny to me, especially some of the racing prepped ones ive seen. somethings not quite right about the styling. i wish they would have brought over the 5-door hatchback version but the people in suits and ties in the marketing department said it could affect mini cooper sales and americans dont like hatchbacks... only one of those statements i could see being true.

id take a 3 series...

·
WOOT!!!
1,408 Posts
Those 1 series are sick.. there are three of the here where i am.. nobody really runs them hard.. but i cant keep up to them.. im just about stock though..

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just did a little digging on that car. It confirms that my meter in my car must be pretty damn accurate. They are rated 0-60 in 5.1 and are twin turbo as stated above. Mine is all motor, 23xxlbs and he had only plulled slightly on me to 70 mph. My best so far on my meter is 5.33 0-60. So it must be accureate to a great degree. Im actually pleased to some extint that i did as well as i did considering the drivetrain in that car and im all-motor. I bet he would be suprised if he only knew that a small little 2.0L focus "almost" was able to keep up, lol. I was looking at their cornering abilities and he wouldnt stand a chance, even with some work done to it. Thats at least some comfort to me and the fact that i have no where near the money in my car as he does, lol. We, as Focus owners, should be proud of Ford designing abilities to make such a sweet package that can "far" out perform cars costing MUCH more money.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts