Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Pioneer deh-p5000ub today on ebay for $86. Brand new even. I've heard people were having problems with the flip down display (it wasn't opening completely cause the install kits were shaped funny or something). I've got an old metra 99-5200 install kit. Has anyone used this on a similar HU?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
nice unit. I am a big fan of pioneer.

I haven't heard of any problems with it. Post some pics when you are done.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
pioneer is the standard in head units. i would just as soon have a pioneer as any head unit out there.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
same about pioneer, i wouldnt buy anything else thats out there right now

5,155 Posts
Pioneer is good, but I prefer Kenwood, Alpine and Eclipse over them. I've had 3 of the 4 (no Eclipse) and liked my Pioneer the least. Of course, I had that headunit 5 years ago.

·
Registered
936 Posts
When I had whatever brand kit it is that comes from Crutchfield, I had 0 problems with the faceplate on my 5000ub. I wasn't able to use the small final trim piece that came with it tho, but that wasn't a big deal. Now that I have the Sony Edition trim piece holding my stereo in, the faceplate doesn't come all the way down, but with the CD opening pretty high up on the unit, its not been a single problem loading or removing CDs.

Good price man. I paid $100 more than that when I bought mine new last year. Granted, last year it was a brand new on the market product.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hawkeye, thanks for the info. I'll try the metra kit and let everyone know if there are issues. Yeah, I bought it yesterday on ebay. I got 40% off the ebay buy it now brice using a coupon codes and some special promotion through paypal where they give you cash back. I won't get the refund for a while however.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
im also a fan of kenwood. i have a ddx7015 in my svt right now. but as far as reliabilty sound quality and features, for the money pioneer is hard to beat

·
Registered
259 Posts
thats an incredible price. youll love that deck, pioneer rocks! i would swap that kit out for the metra 99-5806. the 5200 will give you an issue with the faceplate flipping down because of the rotary commander (7-way joystick).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts