Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does the car turn on? Is the battery charged? Have you tried jumpstarting the car? I think you are looking in the most expensive places for issues to occur that you may be overlooking the simple stuff. I honestly think it may be a dead battery and bad alt. If there were fuses set up from the speaker system why would it fry the ECU if the fuse itself is the failsafe? I think you should look into Jumpstarting the car and fully eliminating the possibility of bad alt. Get it started and let it bog down promise it's probably the ALT.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The car is at the mechanic, they stabbed at it for an hour or two and confirmed my tests.

they think the previous owner snipped a cable Somewhere so theyre gonna take the dash and check out all the wiring.

Once i get an answer, ill be sure to update the name of this thread for future users, so they can learn from my turmol.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Tomorrow will make 3 weeks that its been there, its a reputable place but its small and theyre busy. Last i spoke they had the dash apart and checking all the wiring “were making progress”.

im gonna call them tomorrow and see what the hell is going on, ive been very patient but its been nearly a month!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts