Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Headliner isn’t too difficult oh shit handles just need to be persuaded with screwdriver in the hole and gentle force. If you haven’t already I can’t urge you enough, timing belt!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Headliner isn’t too difficult oh shit handles just need to be persuaded with screwdriver in the hole and gentle force. If you haven’t already I can’t urge you enough, timing belt!
Timing belt was done at 90k

saw a tutorial, but the oh shit handles were stuck still

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Test fitting the new wheels, not sure if i like the outcropping

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,523 Posts
good lord the car rips without that stupid cat, almost feels like it doesnt need a chip.
forgot how much of a bitch it is to get the stock pipe out.

changed the oil... it was bad. topped off all the fluids too. Also adjusted the coilovers
a tad for max height (still VERY LOW)

Car needs new pads rear, looks like the Baer kit uses the stock calipers but bumps
them out for a bigger rotor, interesting.

Found a ripped CV joint boot, looks like its been ripped for a while. maybe the source
of my front end clunking? I tested the knuckles, theyre only loose when i torque the
wheels side to side, i can hear a clunking deep under the car. hopefully drivetrain stuff.
BUT i did test the steering and there is a slight clunk when you turn the wheel left and
right at a park. Ill bet the steering rack is a bitch to fix.

sunroof failed to launch, i started with the oh-shit handles and couldnt get them off
even after watching a how to video. For now the glass stays on when i park and off
when i drive HAHAHA

Toms tune in the works, ITG filter coming (with other stuff) from FSWERKS, ordered
some Rota Grids 17x8x40 in gunmetal
I would suspect a ball joint.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
I would suspect a ball joint.
unfortunately... it looks like theyre riveted to the A arms?
seen a you tube video of them being grinded and drilled
about as easy as new arms looks like (ive done arms on
another focus before) bonus side is theyre serviceable
after removing riveted on ones.

gonna do a full sus diagnostic soon and remove the knuckles
gonna do new strut bearings and check everything out when
its all apart.Servicing a ripped CV joint boot at the same time.

NEW WHEELS GO ON TODAY!!!

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,523 Posts
By the time the balljoint fails the arm bushings are gone too. Replace the whole arm.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
yb4yyny6

fixed the ripped cv joint boot which was pretty chill right up to the point of fitting the "one size fits most" boot onto a slippery slippery outdrive and wrestling a hose clamp onto it in a cramped space.

while it was apart... turns out the end-links were ROACHED so i put some BEEFY new ones on and it fixed the clunking noise in the suspension!!!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts