Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the sportline, Koni yellow suspension combo. With focus central lower control arms, energy bushings and eibach swaybars.
Does anyone else have the exsessive bottoming out problem in the front end.
Whats the remedie I read of another guy having this problem and talking about shorter bump stops, is this the solution
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didnt get any intructions with my springs and i"ve been driving around like this for almost a year. How much should I cut the bump stops? I also thought that I could swiss cheese drill the stops to soften them up a bit. I guess my tires are going to rub really bad now if I can get a little more travel, might have to go to a smaller tire, 215 45 16 now.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
take 2-3 ribs off of the bump stops.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Damn you didn't cut the bumpstops, this is like the 15th messed up install I have heard about this week.

Research before starting any project!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Call Eibach, the amount to cut is different for different applications....

would suck to cut, then find out that you didn't cut enough and have to do it again.....

also bottoming out can be very dangerous, specially if done going around a corner....when it bottoms out the energy has no where to go so it tries to transfer it back down through the pavement which can cause you to loose control.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help guys cant wait to cut them and stop the never ending jolts. Gotta be worth a couple hundreds of a second at autocross, not to mention listening to my wife go on and on about how I ruined the car. Later Jayburn.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
i get the bumps stops on the front too, but now i think they did not cut enough... only about 1 inch...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts