Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody got these and where they hard to install?
the gap should be .054 right?
what about the tourge setting?
just wondering if anyone has any tips

Thanks guys and lets enjoy the snow.......E BRAKE every corner
[}:)]

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
the spark plug gap is .054, but the gap between the spark plug and your car should be the distance from you car to the parts store. take 'em back. this is an old topic, but too many people have tried bosch with less than stellar results (rough idle, poor mileage, poor performance). the heat range they function in is wrong. get some autolites, double platinum preferred, or just go get another set of motorcrafts.

Mike

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Q. What is my spark plug gap?
A. Zetec: 1.3 mm (0.051 inch) SPI: 1.4 mm (0.054 inch)

I've heard nothing but bad things about the Bosch Double Platnium plugs.
Get Autolite Double Platnium plugs. They work great and only about $5 for a set of 4 at Walmart.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
r u sure that price is for double plats, micro? sounds like the price on a set of regular plugs, maybe single platinums. generally, i see regular autolites going for about $1 a piece, single platinums at about $2, and double platinums for about $4.

Mike

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
Good thing I picked up the Autolite Double Platinum's for $7.68 @ Advance Auto Parts three days ago. Getting ready for a tune-up and glad to here I chose a good set of plugs. [:)]

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
At Walmart, they have 2-pack AutoLite Double Platniums for about $2-2.50.
The regular copper ones are even cheaper. I just picked up a set about two months a go for a friend for under $6.

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
A few bucks mean nothing to me!!! [:p] j/k

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just installed a set of Autolite double platinums and a set of Ford Racing spark plug wires. I noticed a smoother idle and better response.

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
Very Comforting to know, I have both of those items ready to install, but the wires are on the way.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
wow! i'll have to those out next time i'm in wal-mart. we sell the autolite double plats for $3.99 a piece!

btw- what is the right P/N? APP5364 or APP5344? i seem to remember one being longer than stock.

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts