Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know what the correct Bosch part numbers are for the upstream/front and downstream/back o2 sensors on an SVT?

I think I'm supposed to use 15717 in the front and 15312 in the back. I've looked at Autozone, Murray's and the Bosch website and I can't come up with a clear answer.

Thanks!

Update...

15717 is the correct Bosch part number for the front o2 sensor on an SVT Focus.
15312 is the correct Bosch part number for the rear o2 sensor on an SVT Focus.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
If you will PM me tomorrow, ill get the #'s for you.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Make sure you dont get the number crossed with a ZX3...the front O2 is substantially shorter and no parts stores (that Ive encountered) even have a listing for the SVTF.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sorry I dont have the part number but you can just call up your local kragen or autozone and they will tell you it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Autozone lists 15716 for the front o2 sensor. The lead is too short. If you cross reference the ford part number, it matches to 15717. Bosch's website says that you can use 15717, but it also list it for the rear sensor.

Parts America lists 15716 but also references 15717 and 15718 if you need the longer leads. What concerns me about the Bosch units is their height. They're a good bit taller then the o2 sensors from Ford and the Ford units are already too close to the bottom of the motor.

The lesson in all this...just call Steve at Tousley Ford and have him ship you the OE parts from Ford, which what I'm going to do today.

Thanks to all that responded[thumb]

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
I work at Bosch and those part numbers are correct.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ So, 15717 or 15718 will work for the front o2 sensor (Depending on which one has the correct length lead). And, 15312 will replace the rear o2 sensor.

The lead on 15716 is too short, so don't bother with this one on an SVT.

Do I have it right?

·
Registered
11 Posts
What about if I am installing a random tech hi flo cat? Will this change the sensor numbers? Also, does anyone have wide-bands? I am thinking about switching over to a wide band O2 sensor...It is generally used to interface with tuning programs if I am not mistaken? It supplies Fuel to Air ratios? Also if anyone knows if there is a difference in performance between O2 sensors? I'd imagine they are all pretty similar...Only thing I've ever heard is some issues with the self heated ones?

thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
Will the bosch sensor even fit with an ORP under the cars? I need to replace mine... and want to go wiht Bosch since they are some of the better sensors... but are they too tall to fit on the SVT? I seem to read that they are.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^Noted earlier...
Darth Focus said:
Make sure you dont get the number crossed with a ZX3...the front O2 is substantially shorter and no parts stores (that Ive encountered) even have a listing for the SVTF.

·
Registered
356 Posts
But I just checked the ###17 number and it shows my local parts store has it... ?? my question is, does THAT ONE not fit, because in this thread people seem to be saying the 17 number one is the SVT front one.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
b16sir1991 said:
If you will PM me tomorrow, ill get the #'s for you.
^^^How do the numbers look to you Mike?

Clegg:
If they have the part in stock, you could grab it quick, and crawl under your car to check for fitment.
I haven't had to replace any sensors yet, so I can't verify if those numbers are correct or not.
Except for the following comment...
JRODSVT said:
I work at Bosch and those part numbers are correct.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The Bosch site says the 17 is for AFTER CAT and the right number for Before the Cat is the 16. What gives????

P.s. I just called 2 Ford stealerships (SVT certified) and besides saying that they are $120+ each, after I told him it was for an 03 SVTF, he asked me "Is it DOHC??? 2.0 or 2.3????? AUTO or Stick?????? [?|] [?|] [?|]

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Here is what I discovered about the o2 sensors on an SVT Focus.

1) The OE sensors are made by Motorcraft and can be gotten from Steve at Tousley Ford for a pretty good price. Also, check with Karl at Massive Speed as he can also get Ford parts at a good price.

2) The OE (Motorcraft) sensors are shorter than the Bosch sensors and probably the best choice if you're running an RT cat or ORP. If you're still running the stock cat, the taller Bosch sensors will fit just fine, but can be a bit tight getting the treads started.

3) Ford list the rear sensor as a Catalyst Monitor. Its really just an o2 sensor with a nifty name.

4) Most part stores list the wrong Bosch number for the front o2 sensor. The wires are too short. Some part stores also list the wrong Bosch number for the rear sensor.

5) The correct Bosch part numbers are 15717 for the front sensor and 15312 for the rear sensor.

6) The correct Motorcraft part numbers are 5C5Z9F472BA for the front sensor and 5W6Z-9G444-BA for the rear sensor.

[thumb]

·
Registered
205 Posts
DirtyDeeds said:
Here is what I discovered about the o2 sensors on an SVT Focus.

1) The OE sensors are made by Motorcraft and can be gotten from Steve at Tousley Ford for a pretty good price. Also, check with Karl at Massive Speed as he can also get Ford parts at a good price.

2) The OE (Motorcraft) sensors are shorter than the Bosch sensors and probably the best choice if you're running an RT cat or ORP. If you're still running the stock cat, the taller Bosch sensors will fit just fine, but can be a bit tight getting the treads started.

3) Ford list the rear sensor as a Catalyst Monitor. Its really just an o2 sensor with a nifty name.

4) Most part stores list the wrong Bosch number for the front o2 sensor. The wires are too short. Some part stores also list the wrong Bosch number for the rear sensor.

5) The correct Bosch part numbers are 15717 for the front sensor and 15312 for the rear sensor.

6) The correct Motorcraft part numbers are 5C5Z9F472BA for the front sensor and YS4Z9G444AA for the rear sensor.

[thumb]

Did you use the Bosch oxygen sensors for the front and rear. I need to replace my rear o2 sensor, and would just like to know for sure that 15312 fits. Thanks

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FORDSVTPARTS said:
The correct number for the cat monitor is 5W6Z-9G444-BA.
Thanks for the correction...I got my numbers from the local Ford dealer. I'll update my other post.

Ed

1 - 20 of 23 Posts