Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Car has 60K miles on it. Since the Daughters got it out of State, I'm going to do a pre-emptive tune-up. Using Bosch COP Verses Ford COP it's under $100 Verses over $300 for a Tune-up. Has anyone else used the Bosch COP? They have the same one year warranty as the Fords. Plugs will be changed at the same time. 2012 Focus, 2.0 Engine.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
The Car has 60K miles on it. Since the Daughters got it out of State, I'm going to do a pre-emptive tune-up. Using Bosch COP Verses Ford COP it's under $100 Verses over $300 for a Tune-up. Has anyone else used the Bosch COP? They have the same one year warranty as the Fords. Plugs will be changed at the same time. 2012 Focus, 2.0 Engine.
Wow Im very surprised how expensive those Motorcraft/Ford coils (DG562) are. I purchased a set of 4 of the Motorcraft DG541 coils for my 2005 Focus ZX4 in early 2017 from Rockauto and they were $31 each (now $34 each).

I dont know anything about those Bosch coils other than the fact that Bosch usually makes decent stuff. Id be curious if they are german or china or ? made. My DG541s were made in USA.

At only 60k miles I dont think you need to change anything - coils or plugs - especially if you are not having any issues.

Paul

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
I'd just swap out the plugs......Why swap coils that work?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts