Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried to search but i couldnt find a good answer. i was just wondering if the svt borla exhaust would have the same bolt up as a regular zx3 borla exhaust. the reason i ask is because im really thinkin about gettin a turbo kit for my car and the 2.5 inch kit would be better.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
no actually it wouldnt. The cat's on SVT's and zetecs are different. You would either need a complete SVT exhaust swap or a custom made cat or cat delete pipe.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The SVTs flexpipe bolt holes are spaced further apart so you'll have get the flex pipe or new exhaust bolt holes to match up at a muffler shop. The flexpipe on the SVT and ZX3 end at the same spot just the bolt holes are different.

·
Registered
161 Posts
SVT_BMXer said:
no actually it wouldnt. The cat's on SVT's and zetecs are different. You would either need a complete SVT exhaust swap or a custom made cat or cat delete pipe.

Are you a clown? I did this install on my own ZX3 and I know for a FACT that the information that I posted is correct. The flex pipe on the standard ZX3 and SVT end at the exact same location under the car. I say again, "If it weren't for the ZX3 2.25" flex pipe, the 2.5" SVT exhaust would be a direct bolt on." I'll agree that I didnt elobrate that the bolt holes are located differently between the 2.25" and 2.5" flax pipes, I still made my point.

Who gives a rats behind about the cats between the ZX3 and the SVT? What do they have to do with the flex pipe to exhaust fitment?

Sorry, Rant Off.... [?|]

Check this thread for more info

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
You mentioned that you wanted the SVT Borla because it is 2.5in. I have the regular Borla for the ZX3, and I believe that the only difference between the SVT and non SVT (other than what has been mentioned with the flex pipe) is that the SVT has an extra resonator to keep the exhaust quiter due to the factory header on the SVT. It is pretty common that people use the SVT exhaust just for the extra resonator on their ZX3 (to keep in quiet). But for your application, I believe both are 2.5 inch (or I hope so, becuase I have the ZX3, and thought I remember measuring it when I put it on....).

·
Registered
81 Posts
The SVT flex is 2.5" and IIRC the ZX#'s flex 1.75" Just buy and tell a muffler shop to slot the bolts. it'll fit just fine but the ZX3 borla isn't that loud I have one. If its to loud for you you could weld on a resonator later.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I used a bigger stainless bosal flex when I put mine one, it was big enough to allow it to go on. I got it from TonyD at Newedgeperformance.com.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
just as was said, upgrade the flex like viney and most others do, or slot the holes [thumb]

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
slotting the holes is obviously the cheapest way to go, so if you dont wanna spend and extra 100 bucks, do that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts