Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant figure out the stupid picture in the post thing so for now here are some pics
Borla Install Pics

All I can say is what a pain in the butt to get the OEM off ( 2+ hours ) took 20 min to have the Borla on and the car back on the ground !

I am going to try to get some more installed this weekend but its my son's 2yr birthday party Sat and the car show on Sun.

Thank you to MADperformance - great company to deal with and extremely quick reponses on questions

I still have Nu image gauges to install, dual pillar pod with two S7 gauges, Black Eurotails, and a short ram, and new door speakers.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had considered the magnaflow , but for less than $100 more I figured why not. I'm glad I did. It has such a mellow tone and even even under wot it still doesn't sound like a coffee can. At idle and highway speeds <3000 rpm you almost can't hear it .

·
Registered
81 Posts
Waiting for my Volant kit and just order a Borla cat back both from MAD performance.

·
Registered
219 Posts
This hurts so much to see everyone with their borlas... I have one sitting in my garage, but until I have a 2.5 inch flex (I refuse to go 2.25, and I really don't wanna pay $175 for the 2.5 from trubendz) its no go.. >:-(

·
Registered
219 Posts
focaltech said:
You could get the aluminized one from them for $ 110.
I thought about it, but I've heard only bad things about aluminized anything. I'm with regarding purchases: Save up and get the best....it pays off

(I just can't stand paying 155 + 25 shipping for a damn flex pipe!!)

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
mine was good though, i see what you mean its alot for a bent pipe but they sort of have a monopoly on 2.5" flexes

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
mofocus said:
mine was good though, i see what you mean its alot for a bent pipe but they sort of have a monopoly on 2.5" flexes
This is true, but not for long, mcnews is working on their own 2.5" flexpipes. Shhhh, don't tell anyone though!

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
i was thinking theyd be a good bet for it, seeing as how they are making other pipes like the one for the SVT header

·
Registered
219 Posts
focaltech said:
This is true, but not for long, mcnews is working on their own 2.5" flexpipes. Shhhh, don't tell anyone though!
Sweet! We could use a little competition in that arena....considering that 2.5 inch exhaust is king.. eh hem!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts