Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m wanting to put a borla muffler on my car I have always loved the sound of them. But I only have seen what they sound like on the st

I’m looking to just buy the muffler and then have the shop do the piping since they are not shipping till the end of the year on full exhausts.

Any help or clips would be greatly appreciated!!!

think I found the one I want to go with. Any personal experience vids etc??

·
Registered
102 Posts
Bwallace541,

There is a great thread stickied near the top of this forum. Here's the link:

Red Comet's Focus afternmarket goodies lists

Borla makes an axleback for Ford Racing and it sounds great. They make a full 2.25" dia. catback, too. I have the Borla Touring catback on our '13 SE and it sounds reallly good - agressive but not obnoxious, no drone, and nice, twin slant-cut walled tips.

You can find lots of videos on YouTube. Use earphones so the sound quality is as good as you can get it (vs. speakers) and you will find what you are looking for.

HTH,

Chris

·
Registered
396 Posts
I’m wanting to put a borla muffler on my car I have always loved the sound of them. But I only have seen what they sound like on the st

I’m looking to just buy the muffler and then have the shop do the piping since they are not shipping till the end of the year on full exhausts.

I'd be interested in what that sounds like as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put the Borla/Ford Racing axle-back silencer on my 2014 Mk3. Beautifully made, attractively priced and simple to install (if you ignore the directions that tell you to unbolt the whole system at the cat and you have a Sawzall). I was disappointed that the sound was only slightly enhanced from the stock silencer--probably because the big center silencer was still in place. A full Borla cat-back that eliminates that silencer would likely sound much more aggressive. Surprisingly the fuel mileage is a bit better--easily tracked with the onboard computer--which I hadn't expected. I had put a Borla system on another vehicle years ago and it was very subdued in sound as well. I suppose they are watchful they don't cause displeasure among other drivers...like Harley riders.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I put the Borla/Ford Racing axle-back silencer on my 2014 Mk3. Beautifully made, attractively priced and simple to install (if you ignore the directions that tell you to unbolt the whole system at the cat and you have a Sawzall). I was disappointed that the sound was only slightly enhanced from the stock silencer--probably because the big center silencer was still in place. A full Borla cat-back that eliminates that silencer would likely sound much more aggressive. Surprisingly the fuel mileage is a bit better--easily tracked with the onboard computer--which I hadn't expected. I had put a Borla system on another vehicle years ago and it was very subdued in sound as well. I suppose they are watchful they don't cause displeasure among other drivers...like Harley riders.
Do you have the part number for the Borla axle back system? How much did it cost?

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Hatchback 2.0
20 Posts
I got a borla cat-back with a mangaflow manifold. Sound's freakin amazing! I was very impressed and love the tone when it's under load, gets relatively quite cruising at a constant speed. I'll try to make a video and upload

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you have the part number for the Borla axle back system? How much did it cost?
I paid $345 with free shipping from an outfit in California I found online--I have seen them advertised widely as "Ford Racing by Borla." I thought it was dirt cheap, since the Fedex shipping alone had to have cost $30.00 or more. In a very sturdy box and well packed.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I’ve got the full cat back and it sounds absolutely amazing, not sure about just the muffler tho

1 - 9 of 9 Posts