Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have been lookin 2 buy the borla cat bak exhaust for my 01 zx3(part # 14897), I just need help finding it for the cheapest price, now I founf 1 for 468.92 on andysautosport.com but I'm kinda ify about purchasing from that site, so if anyone knows a cheaper price and have a url pleas post 4 me, also is cfm the only site 2 buy the svt long tube headers?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
I've bought alot from andys and i've had NO PROBLEMS with them. but just to support our "local" focus shops, i'd say CFM is your best bet.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Never had to contact trubendz, and they're products are OK (my kit was about 2 inches too short for my car), but for the price you can't beat it. My 2.5" stainless steel kit was $360 shipped.

·
Registered
324 Posts
i have a borla for sale. im located in central nj... asking $250 for it, looks great and everything. will fit the zx3 perfectly!!! message me if your interested

thanks

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I got my borla used on craigslist for 100 shipped!!! and it was almost new!!! hahaha!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Never had to contact trubendz, and they're products are OK (my kit was about 2 inches too short for my car), but for the price you can't beat it. My 2.5" stainless steel kit was $360 shipped.
so was mine, i just bought a slip joint pipe and a c-clamp at advance. also my tip was touching the bumper so i bought a rubber hanger and bolted it on to the existing hanger to move it down about an inch or so. looks great now tho![:D]

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I had a section welded on for $5 (aluminized steel, the idiot told me it was stainless). Mine is touching my bumper, and I like it that way. Who cares if it burns the bumper anyway, I'm not ever going back to stock exhaust.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I had a section welded on for $5 (aluminized steel, the idiot told me it was stainless). Mine is touching my bumper, and I like it that way. Who cares if it burns the bumper anyway, I'm not ever going back to stock exhaust.
you dont care if it burns the bumper?! i couldnt stand that, its just going to keep getting worse and worse man. i would get another hanger to add to it if it was me.[scratch]

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
you dont care if it burns the bumper?! i couldnt stand that, its just going to keep getting worse and worse man. i would get another hanger to add to it if it was me.[scratch]
If you think about it, the bumper is plastic, so it's not going to burn REALLY easily. Plus the part of the tip that touches the bumper isn't really warm because it's not directly touching the pipe.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
If you think about it, the bumper is plastic, so it's not going to burn REALLY easily. Plus the part of the tip that touches the bumper isn't really warm because it's not directly touching the pipe.
What do you mean by this, my tip is part of my exhaust pipe. Over time if you get the whole system warm enough you could have issues like paint , etc.....

Mine is even 5" in diameter and it doesn't touch the bumper.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts