Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one now a good site were it explains well the gain of hp and torque that ill get the borla cat-back exhaust for the zx3 focus

·
Registered
793 Posts
There was a post not too long ago with a link that compared all the exhausts I think Kickin posted it, do a search

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
it is sub par to Borla, trust me they all are

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
i have a borla on mine..its pretty good in gains on hp and tq...it also sounds really good too...i love it...you should go for it.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
i have a borla on mine..its pretty good in gains on hp and tq...it also sounds really good too...i love it...you should go for it.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Borla is the sheezy, I have it and love it. Its a quality product, everyone who owns one is more than satisfied with it. Though owners who get something else are sometimes left wanting something better.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
if you look at the results of the shootout, one thing should become really obvious. basically, any of the decent exhausts are going to get you close to the same amount of HP and torque gains. that choice really comes down to the following:

1) price
2) material used (stainless lasts longer)
3) quality of welds
4) fitment
5) ease of installation
6) look
7) and most importantly.... TONE: this is what it really boils down to for most. here's a general rundown from what i can remember.

Mellow: Borla, Magnaflow, HKS (but a lot of people here are HKS haters so don't expect a ton of people to recommend it), FocusSport

Mid-range (almost "rally" kind of sound): MBRP, Vibrant

Crap: Pacesetter. Just stay away.

I'm sure others will chime in on my list (btw, where would you guys put bosal?), and you can get tons of opinions on everything, but if really boils down to what you want.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts