Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the exhaust systems are the same in the 3 and 5 door SVT Focus? borla's website shows that they have a full cat back for the 2.0L SVT. I was just wondering if anyone knew if that would work for my 5door. I think we 5 door owners got screwed again... first no side skirts like the 3 door and now (possibly) no borla?!?! WTF!?!?

·
Registered
33 Posts
The new 2004 Ford Racing catalog,now has the Borla catback. They too only list the 3dr for the SVT, but list both for non-SVT.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Im pretty sure it would work on the ZX5 SVT why don't u email borla or store you are buying it from they should be quick to email u a response if they want your bussiness

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent 2 emails in the past month to borla regarding this, but have yet to try a retailer. i was suprised when i asked them about my other car i got an email back within a couple hours.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes it is the same. The 3 and 5 door SVT has the same wheelbase. [thumb]

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
03SVTFocus is right, its the same and it works for both. I know because I have the setup on my ZX5.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awesome, thanks for the input. i just wish they would just put SVT on the borla site as opposed to ZX3...

anyway, how's the sound quality??? any noticible gain in HP/Torque. im more worried about the torque than the HP.

·
Registered
990 Posts
hp

w/the svtf, there is only a gain of 1 to 3 hp from everything i've read. thats why i could not see spending money on the borla or magnaflow (much cheaper alternative). you have already got a great exhaust from the factory.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
^^^ im with him the factory exhaust sounds great and works great if its only gonna add 1-3 hp i wouldn't go for it

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Well true, but I love the sound of the Borla, and the Stock setup did sound good, for the short lenght of time I had it....[burnout]

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Its more or less are you willing to drop 200 bucks for 3hp and to make your car sound cooler?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Its more than just sound, besides you get a great warranty with the Borla. I had the money, so to me it was worth it.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
don't kill the messenger, but...

I've read that people dyno'd a 5-6 whp gain with the magnaflow and 6-7 whp with the borla.

·
Registered
990 Posts
dyno

when the borla 1st came out for the svtf, i called them to ask what kind of increase. (at the time i was quoted over 550 bucks for one.)they said about 3 hp. even as prices got cheaper i didnt see the point.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Im not killing the messanger and im not bashing on the exhaust system ethier just saying if the Borla doens't make you kick out atleast 5 more hp then its not worth it in my opinion I mean Im not gonna drop 200+ bucks on an exhaust if its gonna just sound better and give me the slightest bit of power (ie 3hp)

·
Registered
990 Posts
200!

its a lot more than 200 bucks. even for the magnaflow.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I thought the magnaflow was only like 300 tops? I know the Borla is like $550 but I could swear the magnaflow was alot cheaper maybe im just confused

1 - 20 of 28 Posts