Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know how long it has been out but i just saw that borla had an exhaust for the duretec. Bout time...was wondering if any one has purchased it yet and if it sounds any different that the exhaust for the zetec.

·
Registered
34 Posts
8bph/12 lb-ft? That's a bit hard to believe, although I wish it was true. Come to think of it it may add that much somewhere in the powerband, but at what revs exactly? I would ask for a dyno print out or something.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
Still think I would rather have the Focussport exhaust.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Borla exhaust for the PZEV is not smog legal right at the moment,They made a mistake and though that the second cat was a resonator and thus require that you remove it.I have one on my car and it sounds very nice.It is very subtle even with a race header and flex pipe on the car.You should also know that Borla has a center exit exhaust for the PZEV in the works and it looks and sounds great.I have one of those as well.Easy install,great product,2.5" stainless all the way,but still removes one cat.They are currently redesigning the exhaust to keep the second cat.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey thanks for the info...you work for them or something?

·
Registered
45 Posts
whitelighter said:
The Borla exhaust for the PZEV is not smog legal right at the moment,They made a mistake and though that the second cat was a resonator and thus require that you remove it.I have one on my car and it sounds very nice.It is very subtle even with a race header and flex pipe on the car.You should also know that Borla has a center exit exhaust for the PZEV in the works and it looks and sounds great.I have one of those as well.Easy install,great product,2.5" stainless all the way,but still removes one cat.They are currently redesigning the exhaust to keep the second cat.
Currently, the catbacks made for our 2.3's remove the second cat. Borla is no differant than Focus Sport, Marcy, etc...... The Magnaflow actually begins after the second cat.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I thought that is what i was saying. The Magnaflow requires that you cut the stock exhaust behind the cat and then it slips over and you have to clamp it down.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Anyone have a pic of their Magnaflow installed (or together) on their 2.3? I just git mine in the mail from New Edge...the packing slip said "2004 2.3" and the instrustions say "2004 2.0" Hmm...so...pics would be cool or can someone tell me if there's an easy way to tel if it's for a 2.3 or a 2.0. HELP!!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
The instuctions would be pretty much the same, the only thing different is the bending to get around the gas tank then up above the suspension then down to under the bumper. So the install should be the same.

I imagine you have to cut behind the cat in the right place so you can then clamp it back together and have it all fit. I would take it to a shop if it were me, bolt ons I can handle, but I'm not too keen on the clamp, I would want it welded.

And wow that's an expensive exhaust for cat-back. FS exhaust from the flex pipe is that price.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts