Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 SVT focus. Someone had turbocharged this car before I bought it. After a month it was smoking real bad. Used my bore scope and noticed cyl 4 had gouges all alone the wall.

I now have the motor out and completely disassembled. I've already decided I definitely want to upgrade the pistons to forged and get rods as well. I would like to shoot for 300hp 250 at the least. Talking with Tom he says that should be easy with it being turboed.

But the machine shop is very expensive and I don't want to pay them 3000$ to bore out my block and acquire rods and Pistons. I paid 2500 for the whole car lol.

My question is can I use a regular block out of a zx3 or something and use my svt head and get forged pistons fitted to that stock size and be good? Could I use my stock svt crank? The only difference I am aware of is the oil jets that cool the pistons. Or should I just spend the money and bore out my svt block?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Yeah, the Zetec block will be the same except for the oil squirters, which a shop could install.

·
FF Affiliate
31,419 Posts
I can sell you a SVT short block , Eagle Rods , Forged Pistons , ARP Main studs , ready to put a Head , Oil Pan etc on and install for 1995.00

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts