Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, does anyone know how to change the little bulb in the boot/trunk of focus, its up on the left side ive tried prying it out with a screwdriver so many times and it just feel like its going to crack, just want to change the bulb to a blue or something different :) cheers.[ffrocks]

·
Registered
733 Posts
mine just popped out like your trying to do

·
Registered
579 Posts
mine did the same. hatchback right? i loosened the whole plastic piece there that it sits in reached back and unclipped it. i can take a picture of the cover thing so u can get an idea of what ur tying to get at with the screwdriver if u want.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Well in my sedan you have to twist then it comes out. But you want to get to it fast, take out the fuse, or use a towel cause it gets REALLY hot fast!

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
lol I didn't even know I had a light in my trunk until I was stripping it, and found the little light bulb there lol..... if it's the sedan, just lay back in there, and just yank it out.... it'll come lol. funny thing is, they're the same type of bulbs used for the front side markers...... at least in my model year they are [thumb]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the help every1.. mines a euro focus zetec... maybe its different ill get a pic and show u... i hope its the same as the sidelight bulb as i have some rather sneaky blue LED 1s i can wack in if i can ever get the bloody thing out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

this is mine.. i tried with the screwdriver again and its not budging anywhere.. the plastic cover even has a few scuffs on the edges now from where ive tried so hard. maybe mines just stuck for good :( i felt behind it as far as my huge hands would go and i think it is the bulb u said :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
just in case you didn't know the piece that the seat belt goes through just above the bulb does come off if your looking for some extra room to get your hands in there

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i thought that but then would i have to take off the hole section or could i just take off that bit above it i saw a screw for the top bit, have you taken it off urself, did u find it hard to get off or put it back on?

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
aww........ you have the good focus. Yeah I don't know, but I'd assume that they probably used clips, or even try twisting it if you haven't done that....... the front faceplate, I mean. it looks to me like there's a clip on either end of it.... trying finding a tiny flathead screwdriver and see if you can't get it into one of those holes....

·
Registered
579 Posts
just loosen the 3 screws closest toward the hatch pull it up a bit and push it out. if u dont think its coming out it probably wont without breaking it. i was annoyed at the idea too but its pretty simple. the clip on it on mine was really weird.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheers for ur help every1 im guna give it ago now :) what do u mean by the good focus? euro? lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cheers for ur help every1 im guna give it ago now :) what do u mean by the good focus? euro? lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sooo it took around 5 minutes :) cheers people.
this is how i did it....
1. plain standard light

find this screw which is on the top of the plastic covering (in the roof) unscrew it and pop out the bit the screw goes in

u can then push.pull the just the top pannel off so it looks like this below, u will find the bulb as someone said before it is the same bulb as a side repeater which is lucky as i hav spare LED 1s it screws out of the holder and the bulb jus pulls out...

then u just do the hole reverse, screw the bulb back in its holder fit the pannel back into the rest of the plastics pop the screw holder in and pop the screw in and it looks like this...

(hoping it will look better in the dark)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts