Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you SVT folk going for your boost gauge and BOV?

I've tried multiple spots but can not find one that reads good both boost and vacuum.

A picture would be awesome, since the manifold is so complex.

Thanks,
Patrick

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
......not so...,boost controller still controls psi to eng....location has options for readings. TB will indicate psi to intake chamber, and turbo or SC outlet will indicate psi @ compressor..

·
Registered
523 Posts
My boost gauge is hooked up to the back on the intake mani. If you look @ the manifold you will see a small black plastic line that runs along the top of it. In the middle of that line it has a T in it. Tap into that for you boost gauge. My blow-off valve i have tapped into a black box on the firewall located on the passenger side.

Sorry no pics, but they are easy to find.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ravage said:
My boost gauge is hooked up to the back on the intake mani. If you look @ the manifold you will see a small black plastic line that runs along the top of it. In the middle of that line it has a T in it. Tap into that for you boost gauge. My blow-off valve i have tapped into a black box on the firewall located on the passenger side.

Sorry no pics, but they are easy to find.
Hmm, same place I have mine.

At idle it will read 2psi, at the high idle (like the SVTs have stock) it will read 10 vacuum, and if I rev the boost gauge goes to like 6, even though I know I don't have 6psi at 3000.

Bad boost gauge?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yup...I think the gauge is bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts