Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i just bought a 02 svt... i super love it

...anyways...im just testing waters and wanna ask u guys that know more than me, what would be the best turbo for a stock svt...and about how much would it cost...????

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]boost cost???[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

hey guys. i just bought a 02 svt... i super love it

...anyways...im just testing waters and wanna ask u guys that know more than me, what would be the best turbo for a stock svt and how much would it cost me...???

and does anyone know where can i get the 3 piece wing that goes under the rear window cheap???or if ur selling one let me know???

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you can get a basic turbo kit that could put you in the high 200's for around 3k, but thats basic. if you want more power, you will have to go for forged internals and alot more dough!!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
ok, 3 piece wing, no no around here. haven't seen them for a long time anyways. And your gonna need a Turbo kit and there is 2 or 3 i believe for the SVT only. Xios makes one that puts out about 285hp i think and you can have one made by Tom. Either one is gonna run you about $4-5000+

Welcome to the SVT crew and FF

·
Registered
347 Posts
for selling and buying info, check out the for sale and the want to buy sections, they'll be able to point you in a better direction for the wing than this part of the forum.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You can always build a turbo kit for way cheaper than a kit can cost. If you do not have alot of experience with this sort of thing than you will be best off by just buying a kit. Xios is probably one of the best turbo kits out for the SVTF at the moment. Most reasonably priced as well, IMO. Do yourself some research first. Turbo'ing you car is like opening a can of worms.... expensive worms, that is if you want to do it right. So lets see...

Xios kit...4249.99 without tuning
Tuning...$200 (lets just say you picked tuning from FS)
Stage 3 or 4 clutch... $900
Torson LSD... $600 ish.

Having a someone install it... Well lets see, around atleast $1000 for just the tranny stuff, who know about the turbo stuff.

$6949.99 so far and thats without a J & S safeguard, guage pillar, Wideband, boost guage, boost controller, turbo installed blah blah blah. Alot of cash if you ask me but hey moore power too ya for diong it.

My advice.... PWSC installed and be done with it. lol

Hope this helps man.

-spatakula

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
off topic... lots of random smilys in ur thread heading is just annoying

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Moving to forced induction...

and it's about 3-6 thousand for a GOOD FI setup.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
You can always build a turbo kit for way cheaper than a kit can cost. If you do not have alot of experience with this sort of thing than you will be best off by just buying a kit. Xios is probably one of the best turbo kits out for the SVTF at the moment. Most reasonably priced as well, IMO. Do yourself some research first. Turbo'ing you car is like opening a can of worms.... expensive worms, that is if you want to do it right. So lets see...

Xios kit...4249.99 without tuning
Tuning...$200 (lets just say you picked tuning from FS)
Stage 3 or 4 clutch... $900
Torson LSD... $600 ish.

Having a someone install it... Well lets see, around atleast $1000 for just the tranny stuff, who know about the turbo stuff.

$6949.99 so far and thats without a J & S safeguard, guage pillar, Wideband, boost guage, boost controller, turbo installed blah blah blah. Alot of cash if you ask me but hey moore power too ya for diong it.

My advice.... PWSC installed and be done with it. lol

Hope this helps man.

-spatakula
I agree.. PWSC FTW... Forget the Turbo unless you know alot about The Build..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is there still a need for forged internals with the powerworks? i think its supposed to net around 260hp

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
nope, u'll b fine on stock

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
The cost of going the forced induction route can't really be measured. There are plenty of kits out there for us, but things always get more expensive. You can't really just buy a kit and slap it on and expect to pay no more than the actual cost. There's always unforseen things ;)

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
plan on having 6K laying around.

$3,199 for PWSC I bought and installed MYSELF.....FREE install and FREE boost gauge ($75 there)

THEN i wanted to make sure it was safe and ran better...so.....
-$900 for Xcal3, 6 hours dyno time and tune
-I will have spent about $800 total on gauges when I have them all
-Kenne Bell BAP if you need more fuel (about $200) (my fuel PSI is dropping above 7K RPM's)
-J&S if you mess with knock ($500) (my knock sensor is going CRAAAAZY)
-MAFia ($120) for more than 5V on MAF (Mine is MAXED right now at 5V)

see how that worked??? another $2,500 there...

$5,719 roughly......and this is BEFORE my retune when I will have the J&S, MAFia, B-A-P and ORP on it.......

it's all about doing it RIGHT and not running out of money..

Just do me one thing...DON'T buy a turbo kit, make a thread on it...and NEVER get it running or have to sell it 75% complete...this is really starting to piss me off.....make SURE you have the funds!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I boosted my ZX3 (non-SVT) for just under 2K. I went as cheap as possible, getting my turbo for $50 off a cool sorta local dude, my SMIC for free, and I did most of the welding/fabricating myself. I'm only hitting 182whp with a wg problem, but it's definitely a major improvement.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts