Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, here i am thinking about how easy the turbo guys have it. they can have a big turbo set to Kill.... and if they want, they can use a boost controller to limit the boost when say the wifey wants to drive. my question is why cant this be done with a supercharger. the trd scion or something has this on a roots blower, im wondering if i can do this with a procharger.

Idea:
Procharger with 15psi pulley + 5.7" overdrive and all necessary tuning equipment. all this and ditch the bypass valve for some sort of blowoff valve, or wastegate, that is controlled by an electronic boost controller. would this work? or am i crazy?!?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
sure, it's called a bleed valve. usually consists of a solenoid and a computer chip. the chip takes a boost pressure reading and then opens or closes the solenoid on the bleed valve to maintain a certain boost pressure. they can easily be used on a speed density system, but on a mass air system, it needs to be installed before the MAF sensor so you don't vent of metered air (meaning you must use a blow thru MAF setup)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts