Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i cant decide weather or not get a b/c for 340 bux or get my car dyno tuned w/ sct chip for 475. I want the b/c to set my boost to 12 when i get it dynoed.

what should i do get the b/c and set it at 4-6 psi run around till i get the money to go get it tuned or just get it tuend then go get the b/c?

also for now i would like to lower my comp. below 9.6:1 i would like about 9:1 or lower what gasket coult i get to accomplish this for now untill i get my motor built and put in?

thanks guys!

·
Registered
61 Posts
buy a cheeper bc for the dyno and then save for the better bc in the future. then sell the bc to a honda guy
you cant use the bc for 12 psi unless you get tuned.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Get the [:)][:)][:)][:)]er tuned or else you will face far more than a $475 bill. A tune should NEVER come secondary.

You can get both of what you want by using a manual boost controller (works well and is very, very cheap).

Use a SVT head gasket to get that level of compression you want.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
project2point said:
ok i cant decide weather or not get a b/c for 340 bux or get my car dyno tuned w/ sct chip for 475. I want the b/c to set my boost to 12 when i get it dynoed.

what should i do get the b/c and set it at 4-6 psi run around till i get the money to go get it tuned or just get it tuend then go get the b/c?

also for now i would like to lower my comp. below 9.6:1 i would like about 9:1 or lower what gasket coult i get to accomplish this for now untill i get my motor built and put in?

thanks guys!

You really don't have a choice. Get that thing tuned or else you'll be picking up pieces of your engine while trying not to slip on the trail of oil you just created.

And what wastegate are you running that has a 4lb spring??? You can't set the boost controller for less than the wastegate spring is rated for.

The stock compression is fine for now, although I wouldn't boost past 10psi without that tune AND race gas. If you do, you may get by once or twice, but eventually it'll come back to bite you in the arse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts