Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received mine last week, and installed it over the week-end.

All in all the install wasn't too hard.
Unlike some other kit, there is no cutting or anything (can't remember which one requires trimming a little bit of plastic) but it makes it easier to install by removing the console.

Took me quite a while to take out the console panels because I went slowly since I didn't want to break plastic tabs or anything.

The shifter itself is shorter by a few cm and when set up on the position #3, you get 30% reduction which is pretty good.

Did scratch my hand trying to plug back some wiring but then again, I always injure myself when working on my cars [facepalm]

I installed the adapter plate on Sunday and that was a lot easier :)
Put some locktite on the three bolts, just in case and put everything back together.

It does make quite a difference. I ended up setting it up for %44 reduction which requires a little more muscle to shift but I like it so far.

Fairly inexpensive mod and it came with a free beany [thumb]

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
I plan on getting the adapter plate and keeping the stock shifter. I like the firm shifts. I had the Steeda sts on my 05 and loved it. [headbang]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the steeda short throw shifter on my 16 ST and didn't have to do any of the cutting that was suggested by steeda and cjponyparts.. Actually those areas that needed to be cut and trimmed weren't even there to trim.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts