Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of build books does ford offer for the duratec and zetec motors?

are there any performance sites other then fordracing.com that ford has created with news and info and possible PDF downloads?

·
Registered
270 Posts
The Focus builder's handbook deals with the Zetec and the SVT. This book is now a few years old and does not reflect some of the more recent developments in the Zetec/SVT market. It is a good start, but by no means an all inclusive source. I am sure Tom could fill you in on forced induction, tuning and engine building that the book did not cover.

For the Duratec, the only written sources would be the back issues of the now defunct Focus Fanatic magazine. Over the course of the 5, stand alone issues, there was a lot of Duratec content.

I have both the Focus Builder's Handbook and 4 of the 5 back issues of Focus Fanatic Magazine if you are interested.

Maybe we can talk Tom into writing a new book on Focus engines?

Tony D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Focus builder's handbook deals with the Zetec and the SVT. This book is now a few years old and does not reflect some of the more recent developments in the Zetec/SVT market. It is a good start, but by no means an all inclusive source. I am sure Tom could fill you in on forced induction, tuning and engine building that the book did not cover.

For the Duratec, the only written sources would be the back issues of the now defunct Focus Fanatic magazine. Over the course of the 5, stand alone issues, there was a lot of Duratec content.

I have both the Focus Builder's Handbook and 4 of the 5 back issues of Focus Fanatic Magazine if you are interested.

Maybe we can talk Tom into writing a new book on Focus engines?

Tony D
do you know where i can find this book? is it only avail from the dealerships?

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Good idea Tony ^^^ Tom, dictate that book to an author, split the profits with him, and get it on newsstands by summer ( or just right it all yourself , the stuff I"ve seen you do for MM&FF was well written )!!! Just do a plastic ring binder type, maybe make 1,000 or 500 copies first and see how it goes, and charge for it, 15, maybe 20 bucks, people would buy it. Tony and I get an autographed copy for the idea!!.. Tony gets his free for thinking of it. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts