Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was talking to a buddy and he mentioned some shit that was like bondo.. but for plastic bumpers. and that some people have been using it to smooth out thier bumpers.. anyone heard of this.. what's it called he couldn't remember. i have an idea i want to try (lpus the bumper i'm trying it on is cracked a little so if it doesn't work oh well it's either try and and works or even if it doesn't the only other option is replacment.)

·
Lurking
1,999 Posts
it is made by 3M and called flexible bumper repair.. it is a two part apoxie. i have used this in body shops for small damages on bumpers it works ok i guess. now you can get a slightly harder version of this as well i would say try that one... u should find it at any auto paint store...

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you know about how much it runs and what the dry time is. i'm thinking of using it to fill in my bumper and losing the license plate bracket then having it all painted over so i have a silver smooth bumper.

·
Lurking
1,999 Posts
well it is in the 30 to 70 price range... and it takes about 30 min to an hr to dry completely

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm seems doable and thanks for the name.. i'll come back to this post in a week or so once i get home to grab the name again

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i can find the stuff there are so many places around where i live i'm sure to find it.. if not i'll hit up one of the many bodyshops and ask them (or hit the net)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts