Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the head be bolted in with the cams in place? I can't quite tell for sure, but the positions of the bolt holes makes me think it might be possible.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I know you're pretty knowledable with cars, and you can see yours i have never had my head off but IMO i would take the camse out, touque the head down, then put in the cams and torque. I'm not sure but it seems like torquing the head in with the cams could put some stress on the cams you know?

Andrew

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
w/ just the cams, I can't see a problem, but w/ the gears and belt, you may run into problems

·
Registered
400 Posts
either way, if YOU feel and discomfort about it, you should probably pull the cams i mean its not that much extra time to put em back on once your done ya know...

Andrew

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
w/ just the cams, I can't see a problem, but w/ the gears and belt, you may run into problems
LOL I would NEVER put a belt on before the head and cams are torqued down! [80?]

I'm really just trying to save some trouble for myself, I suppose. The head is going to have new tappets put in while it's off the car and I'd rather not unbolt the cams and mark the tappets to reinstall if I can help it. It's no problem either way, just seeing if I can find any shortcuts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts