Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before i boost it i wana beef up the engine so far all i did was the exausht and air intake i wana get a throttle body and fuel pressure regulator and chip any other suggestions to work the motor before its boosted?

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
If you're not running alot of boost, You should be fine as it is. But if you want to boost it alot, then we're talking about beefing up the engine with forged internals and a built block.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
what type of boost?

In all honesty, I wouldn't upgrade anything until you go boost, unless we're talking suspension. At that time, you will upgrade your TB, injectors and fuel-rail, fuel pump/BAP, J&S, cooling, oiling, and depending on your HP goals, forged internals and a better intake mani (i.e a 2000 ported to 65mm TB i believe). You'll also want to look at gages (boost, wideband o2, etc.) and all of the fittings, couplings, piping, and braided oil/fuel lines.

there is a wealth of knowledge in the Forced Induction section and in their stickies about "so you wanna go FI"

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
no point in getting a chip, cuz you'll need a tune/chip after you boost. If i was you, I'd get and Limited Slip Differential, Clutch and Flywheel. Then suspension if you haven't done so already.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i figured ten pounds of boost would be fine for the stock engine internals,

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was looking it up and it says it has stock forged rods so if i get forged pistons should i be able to hold more boost?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Fuel pressure regulators don’t work on a focus.

·
Black Mesa Racing
2,410 Posts
what type of boost?

In all honesty, I wouldn't upgrade anything until you go boost, unless we're talking suspension. At that time, you will upgrade your TB, injectors and fuel-rail, fuel pump/BAP, J&S, cooling, oiling, and depending on your HP goals, forged internals and a better intake mani (i.e a 2000 ported to 65mm TB i believe). You'll also want to look at gages (boost, wideband o2, etc.) and all of the fittings, couplings, piping, and braided oil/fuel lines.

there is a wealth of knowledge in the Forced Induction section and in their stickies about "so you wanna go FI"
^yeah

if your really going to boost save up for it. No need to waste time and money on parts now you won't need later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts