Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2004 Liquid Grey ZX3 ZETEC automatic (bad knee from a previous car accident keeps me from a day to day manual)

My question(s)
Are there any bolt ons, chips, mods that will NOT void my warranty.

Also, after the regular factory 3/36k ends I have the 5 year 100k bumper to bumper warranty, basically I want to know if I am going to have to wait for 100k miles before I can mod my car and not screw the warranty?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I also did a search to see if this topic has already been discussed, but "warranty" and "void warranty" brings back alot of results.... so I am truely sorry if I am asking an age old question.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Basically warranties work like this if your put a mod on the car and it causes the problem then you are responsible for repairs if the mod isn't responsible for the problems they have to fix it under warranty so say you have an intake and transmission goes out they have to fix the transmission cause the intake didn't cause the problem but if you have changed up your transmission then its void and if u have tranny problems you gotta pay for it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.
I really want to get an Intake and a cat back system...now I feel a little better about it.

Also, is there a way to turn the governor off without having to get a chip (id like to leave the computer system alone for as long as possible.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips and insight fellas.....other than simple mods I am a total retard when it comes to the performance of a car.

I know if I push the gas it goes faster.....

I just want a little better performance and a good quality deep sound.

/tips hat

Thanks again

·
Registered
597 Posts
the basic mods i'll be getting (one day[rolleyes] ) would be the intake, exhaust and throttle body...maybe an under drive pulley;
those "basic" mods would give good performance without going too far in the "modding world"

·
Registered
265 Posts
Bolt ons

Well, remember knowledge is power. I have been doen wrong by a dealer saying I had to pay for a repair my mod didnt cause. It was only because I didnt have enough info. I knew he was wrong, but they had my car. Having the name of the act which protects you helps alot. Often, soem communication with your dealer can also help. Talking to the service guys before working on the car can bring problems up before you are without a car to drive or have a large repair bill to debate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts