Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i have a 04 duratec 2.3l and i been having bogging issues. It also boggs wen im going at a normal speed. It feel like there is loss of power wen I accelerate. It also feels like jerking feeling. I already changed the fuel filter and tps sensor. I also clean the Mass Air Flow sensor and checked the spark plugs. Does anyone have any ideas of what it might be?

Thanks

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
What about the Idle Air Control valve ? Those sound like symptoms that I've read about .

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Check engine lite on? What code's is it throwing? Plugs= what do they look like? I've just changed out the OEM's w/ some Denso Iridium's, & it run's better. You say you already changed the fuel filter, Have you checked the fuel pressure?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Okay so i have a 04 duratec 2.3l and i been having bogging issues. It also boggs wen im going at a normal speed. It feel like there is loss of power wen I accelerate. It also feels like jerking feeling. I already changed the fuel filter and tps sensor. I also clean the Mass Air Flow sensor and checked the spark plugs. Does anyone have any ideas of what it might be?

Thanks
Hey Jess - give me a call mang, I got a set of HID lights, I could use your expertise to get them in. What's your number again?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
^^^ I used to race up & down hyw 17= blood alley!

·
Registered
193 Posts

Thanks
I am having this same issue! a couple of months back it threw out a check engine light and code for a MAF sensor but thought it might just be the moisture cause i was living in washington state at the time also it threw out a couple of other codes one was for trans and TPS and O2 sensors! it stopped for a while and just recently it started badly again! it has been my wifes daily driver for the last month and now its affecting her! its not getting good gas mileage! no engine code no engine light i have no clue whats wrong and i dont want to replace every sensor trying to figure this out especially if its not a sensor! any help guys!? [loveff]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts