Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fangars are tired from searching.
After a perfect 13+ mile commute, accelerating mildly in 2nd gear, revs hit a wall @ about 2500 RPM; just no Go; feathering the throttle brought it back, then another bog on accel and it cleared up.
What's THAT?!?!

Last time I had it a Search nailed it - some ham-fisted tech dislodged the boot at the throttle body; removed, cleaned TB (THAT helped!) inspected MAF (perfect), reinstalled air filter/boot, snugged intake boot screws (all were OK).

So, what to look for THIS time?!?!?!

More info: '04 SVT, no check engine light appeared, all systems appeared OK (temp, etc)...

Thanks~~

-TooHi

·
Registered
259 Posts
Dpfe maybe shitting out.... Look for the dpfe bypass mod

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P0351 Coil Primary/Secondary

It kicked a code yesterday.

With that, and the underwhelming responses, and a search:

Gonna start with wiring checks per http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116542

-TooHi

Oh, right - fresh fuel filter with new plugs; I could use new wires, too!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
solved...

Went to take off Sunday AM and it was running on 3 cylinders... #1 wire puked for good.
I was all set to order up some high-zoot wires, but ended up with Belden 'Premium' from my walkable-to NAPA... not bad... 8mm, and a good fit, came with dielectric goop, I applied a lot more from my tube...

I'll be durned, but the exhaust note is deeper and louder. Sweet.

Next: buy a new soldering iron (to replace the one that entered the 4th dimension) and try to patch the middle green wire at the coil before it snaps... heard about the repair kit, might do that as well:

Ford part: 3U2Z-14S411-TNA or its after market equivalent.
It's the whole plastic connector and includes a length of wiring.
or: http://focus.c-f-m.com/msdperformancecoilpackforfordzx2zetec-1.aspx

-TooHi

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
diagnostics R Us

yeah, thanks - it was almost funny... take the cover off, start engine, grab my insulated pliers and pop #1 wire- no change, huh...

Pop #2 wire... DoH!

Ok, let's go SHOPPING!!! teehee

-TooHi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts