Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sedan looks alot cleaner with my spoiler off. How would i go about sealing up the holes? I would think the holes were to bit for body filler. Please help. Thanks, mike

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Aquire another trunk lid in the same color that didn't come with a spoiler? That's usually the easiest and most cost effective. Plus you'll be able to go back and forth!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good thought, but there arnt any junk yards around with foci or i would. Any other thoughts?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'd weld the hole's & grind them smooth, & use the least bondo you can, then scuff the whole trunk & have some at a body shop paint it. If you prep it right, it will save you some cash.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I just did the same thing. Very hard to find a non-spoiler trunk lid in the same color unless you live in CA or FL or MI. I bought a roll of silver auto tape @ HomeDepot, cut circles a bit larger than the bolt holes, and covered them that way. After a week or so, I decided to get four steel colored snap-in hole plugs HomeDepot, again (3/8", I think) and they seem to do the job and look better. BUT on my 05, between the bolt holes on each side, there are two intermediate holes with a special plastic female fitting that mates with a male fitting on the bottom spoiler. These female fittings are glued in, and I haven't wanted to destroy them to take them out, because I doubt they are available without buying the entire wing. I have twice posted WTT in the BST forum looking for a FF with a CD silver, non-spoiler trunk lid, but no takers. I'm not sure I would want to drive to MI or FL to swap trunk lids anyway. You might try a vinyl wrap? Good luck.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dont do anything crazy.... They make plastic plugs that fit right in. I havnt seen anyone mention them in awhile so i cant help with a location, just planting the idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts