Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brand new (5,000 mile) focus has been in the shop for two weeks now because of a blown up A/C compressor, which has been replaced yet the dealership still can't get it to work. There are more wiring gremlins they are trying to fix and I put my call in to Ford customer service trying to start getting them to buy me out of the car. Anyway, before I brought the car in, I pulled some pretty bizarre codes from it, which I still haven't been able to get/find a good answer for.

The codes are...

B1108
B1109
B110A
B110B

Any ideas?

·
Registered
250 Posts
According to the service manual:

B1108 - Driver Door Central Locking Motor: Commanded Position Not Reachable

B1109 - Passenger Door Central Locking Motor: Commanded Position Not Reachable

B110A - Rear Door Driver Side Central Locking Motor: Commanded Position Not Reachable

B110B - Rear Door Passenger Side Central Locking Motor: Commanded Position Not Reachable

These faults are recorded by the Body Control Module (BCM) as reported by the applicable door control module, since you have a Ti.

As you found faults for all four doors, it might be a BCM problem or a wiring problem. I'd make sure my doors are locking properly when they should be and let the dealer know about the issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that is really weird. Never had any problems with door locking and unlocking as far as I know.

When I tried looking up these codes I got weird answers like fire suppression control module short to ground and short to battery, along with folding mirror module short to ground and short to battery. I figured the mirror thing couldn't be right haha. But yeah if this car has this many electrical gremlins this early in its life I don't want to have anything to do with it. I would maaaybe accept a 5 spd replacement with money back due to mine being fully loaded. I'm a little more interested in other manufacturers at this point.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's what I'm working on now. 30 days in the shop and/or 4 or more repairs on the same problem within the first 12 months or 12,000 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts