Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a short discussion with a fellow member I would like to find out how the side moldings are secured. (screwed on or taped on)

Thank you.

If it is simply tape I will be taking them off, if there's going to be holes then I'll need to bondo and paint and I just dont have that kind of money right now.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't think we could really tell you for sure, my '02 had tape and alignment holes, so I now have holes where the moulding used to be, others don't have holes, so it almost seems like trial and error, unless I missed the thread where we resolved this issue.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I always thought the the 00-04's had alignment holes and the 05-up only had the tape. It seems like 05's and up are the only ones I see with no moldings.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
^^^that is true i think, there might be holes on the 05+s with moldings. Some of the 00-04s had holes some didnt for some reason. Honestly if it has holes, you might as well bring them to a shop or paint them yourself b/c itll probably cost the same amount to have the doors painted.

·
Registered
407 Posts
when ford screwed up my driver side rear door, i told them to pull it off and fix it and they said once you pull it off you have to replace the molding. I dont know if this is true or they just didnt want to replace it[???:)]

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
they can be put back on its true

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats the thing though I don't want to have to paint it. If it's just tape its easy with some goo gone but if there's holes I can't afford a paint job.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Well, you could always partially remove one of them to see if there are holes. If there are, put more 3M tape on it, line the holes back up, and stick it back on. :)

If I had to guess, I'd say you have the holes. But I'm not positive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts