Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the body kit on my focus all up and bolted on. I knew scraping might be a problem so I've been taking it slow and angled were needed. With the 2 1/4 lowering springs and the body kit, I have about 3 inches of ground clearance on the front. The rear doesnt seem to have any issues.

I bought an evo bumper from a ff member, it's duraflex but the little company tag thing is from japan or china so quality is questionable. I scraped pretty good today and it put a small tear underneath and a small crack by the fog light, they can be fixed quick and I'm glad it didnt happen with paint.

Other then taking all kinds of stuff at angles what can I do? I love the stance but a spring swap is an option. If I go to 17's will I have more ground clearance? If I put some sort of metal skid plate on the bottom would that help, or would it put the force on the whole bumper and cause bigger problems? PA roads suck, how do the slammed guys drive their cars?!?

·
Registered
128 Posts
i got evo5 front and when i went to 17's it raised the front up like 1/2 to 3/4" at the most .. not sure what effect a metal plate would have on the bumper though

·
Registered
537 Posts
it would make it heavier[wave] and you might even throw some sparks! your best bet would be to get some springs that raise you up a little. (imo) or some coil-overs.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
love how it's ditch the kit for something else..obviously he likes it and thats why he put it on, so back to the topic at hand greg i had that poison kit and never damaged it till that stupid trip to bensalem. it got scraped but never cracked but i was on stock suspension. Pa Roads do suck,17's would help and also going with less of a drop. hope you get things solved soon

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I might buy springs or trade my sportlines for someone elses that have less of a drop. I saw the pro kit, kazera, progressive and koni springs on massive. The koni springs are about a 1 inch drop if that right?

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
i got the r34 bumper. i know the svt in front is .5" lower than stock i believe. all i can do is angle i scrape a few times but cant tell because on underneath where you cant see it. i'd raise the car though if you afraid of messing the bumper up. for a plate do they really have to be that thick?? i figure maybe just a decent thin one that wont weigh much would work if you drive carefully anyways.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Look how much lower I am than the white car to the left of me, we both have the same springs, my bumper is just low as hell. All you can do is drive slow, and carefull. Driving a low car is an acquired skill, not just get in and go. Must watch and avoid everything.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can be careful as much as I can but like redfocus said, we have shitty roads. You dont really notice it till you are eyeing every bump. I've got 3 streets I can turn around to park at my hours before I have to go to the end of town to turn around.

I'm thinking of going with koni 40 mm drop springs or looking for a set of svt springs. Any suggestions? I'm figuring getting my ground clearance to around 5 inches on the front with stiff springs and careful driving should be good.

I know this should be in the suspension threads.

Dave-Do you have a drop on your focus?

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
if ur springs fit an svt ill trade. i want something a little lower. i got sprint springs which are like 1.75 drop or so. send me a pm if ur interested

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just snagged a set of svt springs and struts. Dont think I'll be keeping the struts unless I wanna sell the eibach springs and struts together.

Thanks for the advice. It sucks learning the hard way [:)]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts