Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, after several months i finally got myself a focus. i am now the proud owner of a black 02 zx5, i absolutly love it, but i HATE the front bumper with a passion. i like the idea of an aftermarket bumper, but i cant really lose ground clearance much because i live in the country where bumps are pretty common and i dont like the idea of dragging my car on the ground, i dont have lowered springs (and i dont plan to) and i just have stock tires. does anyone know what kind of clearance the aftermarket bumpers get? im thinking of getting a full body kit. anyways, if anyone has got a body kit but still has stock springs, let me know how well your car does with the dragging and such.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Depending on the kit, and with stock ride hieght you shouldn't worry about gournd clearance for sure. If you want a clean look with out affecting ground clearance, then I suggest maybe going for the Euro bumpers? I haven't really found a body kit that I'd buy and put on my car that isn't over the top. Besides the nice Euro body style, but that's just me I love the way the look, really cleans the focus up.

Oh and welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
what about the street appearance package from 05-07... will that fit?

i have it on my 06. i feel it looks better than the norm and its the same clearance i think. i live in northern Ontario and i have no issues with clearance

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Few easy options for you:

1. SVT front - easy to find, looks great, same dimensions as stock. Also, since its OEM, fitment is awesome, and is easiest to do

2. Pro DTM - One of the few Aftermarket bumpers that is considered non-rice. When setup right, its not overkill. This hangs slightly lower than stock. Downside is because its not an OEM part, quality and fitment are generally lower.

3. ST170 Euro - Harder to find and more expensive, but great looking, and since its ford OEM, very good quality. Requires more work to install as it entails modifying the crash foam.

Those are some good choices for you, i reccomend the SVT because its got the best of all worlds. Cheap, simple, clean, and easy to find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts