Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was walking through Wally world and saw some body decoration for the car. Think putting on some wheel well accents or those mesh vents is gonna look silly?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was walking through And I saw some stuff; looked kinda ok, but i wanted to check and see wht the rest of the people here think so I don't look like a total clown on the street

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well I was walking through And I saw some stuff; looked kinda ok, but i wanted to check and see wht the rest of the people here think so I don't look like a total clown on the street
general rule of thumb, if you see any cheap "accents" for vehicles at kragen, wally world, auto zone, etc. stay FAR away.

i only go there to get preventative maintenance items (oil, spark plugs, seafoam, filters, etc.).

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
general rule of thumb, if you see any cheap "accents" for vehicles at kragen, wally world, auto zone, etc. stay FAR away.

i only go there to get preventative maintenance items (oil, spark plugs, seafoam, filters, etc.).
Yea I didn't get anything. But can i just ask why?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Getting your car 'tarted up' is not gonna win any friends.
Think of the 1970's 'pimpmobile' sort of ride and just extend it to your Focus and you get a quick idea of why it is bad.

The stuff which actuall gets approval is mostly performance mods. The bodywork with no actual performance horsepower mods is also usually frowned upon as wannabe posers.

I always see dark tinted windows as wannabe Mafia/thug posers.

So better Zen like than added shlock.

Though if it is a really practical add on, it is not so bad..
(like the mudflaps. or hood deflector..)
A bit of plastic trim to protect the door edge could be ok if the right color..

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Because it's Wal-Mart. [hatchet]

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Car modifications don't come from wal-mart............

Check out the the focus fanatics vendors.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yea I didn't get anything. But can i just ask why?
Yes, you may.

Here's your litmus test:

Imagine a beautiful woman saying, "Oh yes, and his car is really neat. I love the ___________ that he added to it."

If the _____________ doesn't sound right, abort the mission.

For example, "Oh yes, and his car is really neat. I love the assorted Chinese junk from Walmart that he added to it."

Here you can see that the mission should have been rightfully aborted.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yes, you may.

Here's your litmus test:

Imagine a beautiful woman saying, "Oh yes, and his car is really neat. I love the ___________ that he added to it."

If the _____________ doesn't sound right, abort the mission.

For example, "Oh yes, and his car is really neat. I love the assorted Chinese junk from Walmart that he added to it."

Here you can see that the mission should have been rightfully aborted.

this WILL happen if you don't abort now... rice, while sticky itself, in the automotive world is a slippery slope

P.S. Note the swan hood ornament... WTF?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol daaaaamn. That's a bit overkill. I guess the furthest i really wanted to go was a practical tint, and maybe that oem spoiler u can find on fordparts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts