Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my svt into them becuase they had done all the work on it before I bought it from the previous owner. they advised me that a oem clutch kit was going to cost me 935 plus 700 plus in labor i got my clutch online and they were pissed i brought my own parts in even slightly threatening me by saying if these parts dont work we will charge you more to rip it out(this was done on more than one occassion you can ask my buddy who was there) it was to late to take my car somewhere else cuz they had it all ripped apart waiting on parts. anyone want to comment to see if this price is usual or not

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
price is good. it takes a long time to take out the tranny and replace the clutch and flywheel. the reason why places dont like to install customer brought in parts is if they are in fact the wrong parts and something goes wrong then they dont have a warranty from the mechanics and they will have more work to fix it and not work on another customers car because they are fixing yours. I had my clutch replaced in june and parts was $750 and labor another $700 for 7 hours of work. So cheer up, your not getting had, but it does suck dishing out so much money for a clutch.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I took my svt into them becuase they had done all the work on it before I bought it from the previous owner. they advised me that a oem clutch kit was going to cost me 935 plus 700 plus in labor i got my clutch online and they were pissed i brought my own parts in even slightly threatening me by saying if these parts dont work we will charge you more to rip it out(this was done on more than one occassion you can ask my buddy who was there) it was to late to take my car somewhere else cuz they had it all ripped apart waiting on parts. anyone want to comment to see if this price is usual or not
Price isnt to bad. The shop by me that is very reputable quoted me 1700! I brought in the Luk clutch kit print out off of hitepartsexchange.com that is 500 shipped. The guy at the shop said they would put it in for 550 but would not warranty it because its not there parts. So they want to put a 1200$ center force clutch/flywheel in my car. Seems a little ridiculous. I will be getting my car serviced Saturday at the dealership and I will get a quote from them.

About the Luk kit...
I have heard good things about it. I want one my self. Search it in the SVT performance lounge...a lot comes up for it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i got a quote from ford a frpp clutch kit alone for my car with company discount was a little under 200$ everything included, and roughly 450$ labor.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
have you heard any feedback on the luk clutch kit
[:)][:)][:)][:)]!! 700 for a damn oem clutch kit??

I got mine for 475!!!!

dude you should of hit up the forums for help1

I would of been glad to help you out![cheers]

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
^^I was wondering when people would stop saying thats a deal.. That is a Horrible deal.
I got my Stage one Clutch Master with a Lightweight Flywheel for 900 and I installed it myself for free ;)

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
^^I was wondering when people would stop saying thats a deal.. That is a Horrible deal.
I got my Stage one Clutch Master with a Lightweight Flywheel for 900 and I installed it myself for free ;)
I hear ya man!!!

I would rather do it myself then to spend it on a shop doing it!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
if i knew how to do it myself i would.

and the luk kit is nice, it grabs great and has a slightly stiffer feel than stock. I like it a lot,

·
Registered
714 Posts
If they haven't done the install yet, post this in the Southern Cali forum and see if you can get a ref there
Also See if Focussport would give you a quote.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts